Author Topic: Micromaster LV48  (Read 1489 times)

Offline SquarewaveTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Micromaster LV48
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2024, 11:00:40 pm »
.....once I'm in and select a device to read, I get the first error message. I occasionally see the second attached, when I retry to read an eprom.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2024, 11:04:06 pm »
Used the self test function on WinLV, passed all, results attached.

Offline giosif

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2024, 07:04:51 am »
I found an old computer at work running W2000 Professional which has a parallel port.
When WinLv starts, I get the following messages, before I see the main screen.
Attachments: The two first error messages before the main screen is visible, then the third error message with the main screen behind, then the main screen loaded.
As far as I know, W2000 is not a supported OS for WinLV.
Also, don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember from back when I was troubleshooting my programmer that some people on another forum were discussing this kind of errors and it was due to them trying to use the WinLV software on WinXP (which also is not on the list of supported OSes and inherits the architecture of WinNT/W2000).
There might even have been a solution people found around this problem, but I might be confusing things with some other troubleshooting thread.
In any case, I'd stick to Win95 or Win98.

Used the self test function on WinLV, passed all, results attached.
This is great!
So, this means the CPU-related part of the programmer was actually ok all along.
What version of WinLV did you use this time?
Also, the self test checks the "analog" part of the programmer as well (i.e. the top board), so having all tests passed is really promising.
Looks like you are getting close to getting it working.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2024, 09:57:54 am »
would mean you're stuck on win 9x  era, nothing more ?      unless more recent Windows compatibility mode would work ??

NT  core is mostly win2k  Nt4 Nt 3.51 ... Xp 64 bit had some remnant, and was the 1st  public 64 bit os iteration  ,,, W7 W8 W8.1  ...

Win 8, not 8.1   was better to play with, it could accept non signed drivers, W8.1  become a pain in the ...

It depend on how the WinLv driver works and how the kernel permissions are made or be granted

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2024, 09:29:21 pm »
Hello, sorry for coming back late. Have been so busy.

So, not long after posting the above results, I thought why not give it a go uninstalling the version 1.0.0241 and I installed version 2.0.0009 and it worked right away!

Have been able to read eproms without issues. I haven't written to any yet, but will give that a go soon.

So now, do I try and find a usb to parallel adaptor which supports Centronix, or install a parallel card in my i7 tower computer? Or have another tower, as work have said I can have that computer I used for the tests, as it was for running old systems we no longer run. Also, I do have an old Pentium 4 laptop which has a parallel port, that may be my best bet so long as I can get it working!

Offline giosif

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2024, 09:03:33 am »
Happy to hear you got it working, in the end.  :-+

With regards to what computer to use, I'd say old laptop with the parallel port: it is compact enough that you can store somewhere without it taking a lot of space, it makes the entire setup portable, if necessary, and the parallel port is integrated (i.e. most likely to work without any compatibility issues).
In terms of OS, I'd say Win98, but I am not sure how well it would cope with a Pentium 4 CPU.
If you got the programmer to work under Win2000, maybe you should work with that, or even try WinXP.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2024, 10:14:23 am »
Good morning. The tower computer at work is a Pentium 3 and runs with that fine. If I get a chance today I'll see if I can get the Pentium 4 laptop running. It's old, I can't remember why, but years ago I started to take it apart, I think to clean the dust out of it, but it was replaced years ago with an i5 3rd gen which I still have, no parallel port in that, then that was replaced with what I'm using now.

The P4 laptop is mostly together, less the DVD drive and hard drive, which I do have. The battery won't be any good, but hopefully it'll run from the charger. There is a small plastic panel missing and a key missing which I probably disposed of as I was going to scrap it, but they won't stop be from using it. So hopefully that'll all work, as you say, it'll be best for portability and being small and compact, so small that I only recently remembered that I still have it!

So if that goes well, I'll probably at least save the Pentium 3 motherboards etc before they all get scrapped, I can bag them and store them in the loft.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf