Author Topic: Need Service Manual for Anritsu MS420B  (Read 5383 times)

Offline baluTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Need Service Manual for Anritsu MS420B
« on: April 02, 2014, 06:06:40 pm »
Hello,
I purchased an old Anritsu MS420K network analyzer and I need the service manual for repair. In Europe and especially in Germany it is not possible to get the service manual. Who can help me or can provide me a source for the documents.

Thanks!

Online pico61

• Contributor
Re: Need Service Manual for Anritsu MS420B
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 10:32:01 am »
Hi Balu, I have won some days ago, from a Ebay english seller (jdosher), two auctions of both the operating and the service manual of Anritsu MS420. You can ask him for another copy. However if you tell me what you need, I can scan the pages you need. Sorry but everything is impossible because it's composed of more than 600 pages of which about half of A3 (the manual weighs 5 kilos!). Best regards, Pietro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:13:21 pm »
Hello Pico61,

Thank You for the information. I will try to contact jdosher. Maybe I can get another copy.

I have two issues. First one is with the video output for an external monitor. The video signal
is not standard conform. But it is possible to fix this issue by adapting the resistor network
which acts as a DAC for the black/white signal level. The resistor network must be a part of
the video/monitor output stage.

The second issue is more than a calibration issue. Because my MS420K has very high noise
in the frequency range between 10 Hz and 1 kHz. Above approx. 1 kHz everything is fine and
the noise level in low. I think the issue is in the input stage (T Input) and I hope it is only a
calibration thing.

If you can provide me a copy of the video/monitor stage with the resistor network would be
helpful.

Thank and best regards
Detlev     

Online pico61

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 04:41:48 pm »
Hi Detlev, I proceeded to scan two parts of the service manual: the CPU , in which the video signal is generated, and the CRT drive. You can download the pages from the link: https://www.dropbox.com/l/V3gbaoLZLvZBYc6MZ0TRKc? .
Let me know if you need more for solve the issue of calibration. I hope to have time to scan  the calibration part of the manual in order to make it available to all.
Best regards, Pietro

The following users thanked this post: Xtremexp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 06:36:29 pm »
Hello Pietro,

Thank you for the document. This looks like as exactly what I need. I will check the
circuits around resistors R11 and R9 near J2 for the video/monitor signal level issue
(circuit diagram of DISP-CPU, page 2/2).

I have the following documents for the Anritsu MS420 [B/K]: Operation Manual,
PTA – Personal Test Automation Manual and the GP-IB Programmers Manual. I can
provide you parts or whole document, if you need.  ;)

Best regards Detlev

Offline gjunior

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 07:57:49 pm »
Hello Balu,

I work with laboratory tests and I am automating the Anritsu network analyzer MS420C by GPIB port.
May you send me the GP-IB Programmers Manual and the PTA – Personal Test Automation Manual ?

I didint find it .

Thanks very much!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 11:41:20 am »

Offline Xtremexp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 02:26:51 am »
Hi,

Thank you for the dropbox link. I need to calibrate my MS420K and I am wondering if you can help to scan the calibration section of the manual. I hate to throw such a beautiful machine in lack of the calibration.

your help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Xtremexp

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf