Author Topic: 121GW - Is it worth it with all the problems posted on this forum?  (Read 8343 times)

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: 121GW - Is it worth it with all the problems posted on this forum?
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 09:48:26 am »
My issue was more with the selector rotation and stiffness but after closer inspection I can see that the stand does not have a sufficiently firm end stop, past that point the holster just begins to pull away from the meter which only adds to the problem.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2020, 09:49:47 am »
For Bench use would some sort of bucket or slightly tilted wall mount option be a good idea? I made some modded bucket a while back for my Micsig scope to change the angle and space it took up on the bench. I was going to screw the mounts down but it was fine just sitting on the bench.

Biggest problem with this is the range of meters.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2020, 10:05:49 am »
A member has already done a nice stand for the 121GW.   :-/O

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/eevblog-121gw-bench-stand-(3d-printed)/

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2020, 10:18:45 am »
Looks good and nice use of the probe holders on the bumper to hold it. I hadn't seen it before. I just opened up the Fusion file and tweaking the angle was only one angle to get it to 60 degrees from the 40 he had it set to.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2020, 10:29:07 am »
Our daily DMM tasks, priorities, desires, budgets, etc. can change.  So even though I liked and used the BM235 for a while after I got it, when I moved into a place where I could set up a decent workbench I suddenly had no real use for it.

I picked up a calibrated 34401A and it handles most of the bench meter tasks these days.

However, today I was working on a 66332A and I ended up using 4 different DMMs.  They all had something useful to contribute to the project.

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf