Author Topic: Looking for memory dump of EPROM of HP 8660D  (Read 1786 times)

Offline jemotrainTopic starter

Looking for memory dump of EPROM of HP 8660D
« on: May 17, 2019, 04:40:38 pm »
Greetings all...

New guy on the forum. I read the forum for a long time because the useful hints for repairing test equipment.

I got a HP 8660D Synthesizer System as “for parts or repair”.
The system has some labels “Polar use only” and “modified for Polar”.

The system powers up and I can see an output signal at the spectrum analyzer. It’s permanently sweeping or jittering, independent of the selected modulation or when the modulation is switched off.
I thinks it’s a fault and I have to search for a phase locked loop which doesn’t lock.

Other problem:
The Sweep Rate button does not change the speed and the indicating light for the sweep rate does not show. But at power up, all the lights are flashing. So the Led’s are o.k.
The push button is also functional, because pressing “SHIFT” and “Sweep Rate” provides the Reset functionality.

So I open the “Digital Control Unit” module. The EPROM at the processor board doesn’t looks like an official HP Chip.
Is that the modification marked by the labels ? (“POLAR”)  :-//

Does anybody have a memory dump of the EPROM at the A1A3 board ?
Searching at the web without success…

Offline jemotrainTopic starter

Re: Looking for memory dump of EPROM of HP 8660D CPU-Board
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 07:13:26 pm »
During the last days i have done some tests:

The option H32 seems to be special operating functions or something like that.
I try to control the HP8660D via HPIB-Connection and some commands of the operating manual will be rejected and gave an error message.
Eg. the command to set the sweep speed. :scared:

In the meantime i began to disassemle the binary code for the integrated microprocessor MC6802.
I hope to find all the possible commands for remote controlling. :box:

The repair/adjustment of the unlocked PLL was the other path to bring the HP8660D back to live...
That sounds relative easy.

Maybe someone has a copy of the EPROM of the CPU card. I am very interested.  :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf