Author Topic: Robust oscilloscope probes  (Read 1693 times)

Offline k.valentinoTopic starter

• Contributor
Robust oscilloscope probes
« on: May 16, 2019, 10:43:57 am »
Hi  :),

need more robust oscilloscope probes (not too expensive) - for automotive and general testing.
My scope is Micsig TO1104 (with 4 probes 10:1 Micsig P130A). In most cases, I use it for automotive tests and car module repairs, but sometimes I also repair electrical appliances and devices

I seen good references for Testec TT-HV 150 probe (1:100 high-voltage probe – 1.5 kV), is it ok for automotive and general use?

Or it is better to buy the most common 1:10 probes - like this Testec TT-MF 312?

What would you recommend?

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Robust oscilloscope probes
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 11:16:29 am »
If they're gunna get beaten up then the cheapest you can find will work just fine.
Let a P6100 probe search on eBay be your friend.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

The following users thanked this post: k.valentino

Online David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
Re: Robust oscilloscope probes
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 02:44:02 pm »
In my experience, high impedance x100 probes are more difficult to use in place of x10 probes in general purpose applications.  They are more finicky and tend to pick up more noise so I only use them when required.

Tektronix used to make heavy duty oscilloscopes probes so you might look for something like that.  This one from Probe Master is the only thing I found in a quick search:

https://probemaster.com/3900-series/

Those P6100 probes that Tautech mentions are cheap but also pretty fragile.  Still, you could probably buy 4 of them for the price of the next cheapest good probe.

The following users thanked this post: k.valentino

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf