Author Topic: Lists of Siglent SCPI commands  (Read 5488 times)

Online tv84Topic starter

• Super Contributor
Lists of Siglent SCPI commands
« on: September 02, 2018, 03:43:35 pm »
During my Siglent FWs analyses I had the need to investigate some of the SCPI commands built-in in the equipments that were not listed/documented anywhere.

Sometimes, having a quick look at the list of SCPI commands available may provide us with some ideas on what we can get from the equipment and how we can remotely interact with it.

Attached I will include the list of commands I extracted from several Siglent equipments. If this can be useful for anyone else, cool.  :)

The SDS1000CML+/CNL+FW is specially usefull in understanding most of their behaviour and syntax. At the time, I only looked at the ones that interested me.

Warning: They were extracted automatically so there may/must be a few errors, absences, etc, but they are the most accurate I could get.

Many of them are documented throughout Siglent manuals (some more that others) but there are some interesting ones that aren't.  ;)

Also, some lists include the GET ("?") and the SET versions of the command, others only have the generic command (there may exist both SET and GET versions).

(work in progress...)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 06:18:47 pm by tv84 »

Offline pcee

• Regular Contributor
Re: Lists of Siglent SCPI commands
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 01:00:33 am »
Does anyone have lists for newer/current models, such as the SDS2000X Plus or SDS2000X HD?

In particular, are there any SCPI commands for controlling the power analysis system?  I've searched Siglent's SCPI documentation, and I don't see any mention of it.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 12:05:27 pm »
Ask Tautech  here ??

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 07:16:21 pm »
Ask Tautech  here ??
Had a bit of a look for pcee yesterday but didn't come up with anything. Hopefully will get some more time to hunt deeper in the new few days.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline trp806mo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 07:58:49 pm »
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 08:01:05 pm by trp806mo »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 08:02:53 pm »
try this one :
https://siglentna.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2023/04/SDS-Series_ProgrammingGuide_EN11D.pdf
Pretty sure it's the one I looked at yesterday....doesn't have all the Analysis mode SCPI command sets.  :(

PA commands is what pcee was looking for.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online tv84Topic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 09:31:05 pm »
In particular, are there any SCPI commands for controlling the power analysis system? 

I didn't see any special reference inside the SDS HD app code... Lots of functions but no SCPI commands. My FW version is 1 year old.

Offline pcee

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 07:29:36 pm »
I didn't see any special reference inside the SDS HD app code... Lots of functions but no SCPI commands. My FW version is 1 year old.
I did some digging as well, and no joy.  Firmware V1.5 did add the ability to read and write PA measurement types, but I couldn't find anything that allowed control of PA.  Also, they mistakenly used "RPOWer" for both Real Power and Reactive Power, so you can only set Real Power.

I'll follow up with bug reports/feature requests in the SDS2000X Plus bugs thread, and once I've distilled the list of undocumented commands I *did* find for the SDS2000X Plus, I'll add them to this thread.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 08:47:59 pm by pcee »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf