Author Topic: LCR ET4410 - Calibration doesn't seem to work  (Read 71 times)

Offline MichaelBTopic starter

LCR ET4410 - Calibration doesn't seem to work
« on: Today at 08:59:47 pm »
I hope I'm posting this in the right spot - I'm not too bright on these blogs...

I purchased a new ET4410 from Banggood about 2 weeks ago.  It seems to work fine (i.e. makes reasonable measurements) - but... I need help with the calibration.  I'm following the manual's (4.7 Calibration) directions for a short calibration. I connect the Kelvin leads and Pres "CAL" to enter calibration - but, absolutely nothing happens.  I don't get the "SHORT" picture that's in the manual and there is no countdown.  I tried rebooting the machine - rinse/repeat - but still no calibration.  Am I missing something? I thought it might be obvious and someone might have seen this before.

Thanks!

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Re: LCR ET4410 - Calibration doesn't seem to work
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:17:47 pm »
Hi,

With ET44/4510 it is as follows:
If you want to do a short calibration, short-circuit the test lead and press the CAL button - and hold it down until the short cal message appears.
A timer then runs backwards from 20 to zero.
-If you want to do an Open Calibration, leave the test leads open and press the CAL button - and hold it down until the Open Cal message appears.
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: MichaelB

Offline MichaelBTopic starter

Re: LCR ET4410 - Calibration doesn't seem to work
« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:23:24 pm »
YEP - you nailed it..." and hold it down" was NOT in the instructions, and that was the most important part! LOL. I had to hold it for about 3-5 seconds before it finally entered the CAL mode. I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf