Author Topic: Keysight not honoring warranty ?  (Read 4507 times)

Offline DimitriP

• Super Contributor
  • "Best practices" are best not practiced.© Dimitri
Re: Keysight not honoring warranty ?
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2020, 05:01:13 am »
I would recommend checking with Fry's Electronics to see if they're able to find a warranty on their end as the receipt does not pertain to us or our authorized dealers.

Did it start with "Dear valued honorable good buddy"  ?

That's funny! The Keysight reps wrote proper english. I dont think Keysight is using the Yulong DingDong call center.

"...find a warranty on their end .... "
and
"...the receipt does not pertain to us..."

Sounds like translated to english from a forn language. It makes sense but doesn't sound "familiar"

May the new moon keep your chickens blessed :)

If three 100  Ohm resistors are connected in parallel, and in series with a 200 Ohm resistor, how many resistors do you have? 

Offline stafil

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2020, 08:09:05 pm »
Two quick thoughts.

If you paid by credit card, then the credit card typically doubles the manufacturers warranty. Say you bought with a 2 year warranty then, 3 years later it fails, call the CC and claim from them, it works.

I'm not sure I would recommend a DSOX2012A as "a decent starter scope", even for $954.  I like (and own) Keysight gear which is great quality but I see the DSOXnnn2x scopes as a kind of kludge where they ripped out 2 of the 4 channels and, in some cases, made things like serial decoding unavailable on the 2 channel versions.  If you had that kind of money to spend, I'd recommend a Rigol MSO5074 and, at $300, I'd recommend the DS1054Z.

Oh shit, I seemed to have turned into a Rigol fan boy  :-[

Well, not your fault. DSOX2012A is like what, 10years old now? Wonder if a replacement is in the makings. Must be

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 10:17:59 pm »
While not 100% a drop-in replacement, the 1000 X-Series is pretty attractive when comparing it to the 2000 X-Series

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055, stafil

Offline Keysight DanielBogdanoff

• Supporter
  • ALL THE SCOPES!
    • Keysight Scopes YouTube channel
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2020, 07:14:55 am »
I should also add that we're working on getting this squared away. It's hard / nearly impossible for us to actually tell when a product sold from a distributor and was received by the customer, so our typical process (back when I was more involved with this) was to add something like 6 months to the stated warranty term, which more than covers 99.99% of products sold by distributors. They don't like to hold stock, so usually things rotate through their inventory pretty quickly. However, things happen, and we try to take care of folks that these things happen to.

The following users thanked this post: Theboel, 2N3055, ps, AVGresponding, stafil

Offline rodpp

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 04:10:10 pm »
I should also add that we're working on getting this squared away. It's hard / nearly impossible for us to actually tell when a product sold from a distributor and was received by the customer, so our typical process (back when I was more involved with this) was to add something like 6 months to the stated warranty term, which more than covers 99.99% of products sold by distributors. They don't like to hold stock, so usually things rotate through their inventory pretty quickly. However, things happen, and we try to take care of folks that these things happen to.

Instead of assuming that all stores renew their stocks in 6 months at maximum, Couldn't Keysight believe in the customers proof of purchase, like invoices, fiscal documents, etc, all contains the final customer purchase date.

The way Keysight handles this is troublesome in my opinion, the customer sees an 3 years warranty advertisement, but that 3 years counter is started when the store/reseller buys the item, not when they sell it. And I don't know of one unique seller that says that date.

The customer only can know that after he bought the equipment, consulting Keysight how much time remains from the advertised 3 years.

The following users thanked this post: Someone

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf