Author Topic: Keysight N7020A 2.0GHz Power Rail Probe Review, Teardown and Experiments  (Read 3752 times)

Offline HugoneusTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
Watch the video here: [25 Minutes]
youtu.be/d_Ybe6xnMIg

More videos at The Signal Path:
www.TheSignalPath.com

• Frequent Contributor
I forgot to mention in the video that the probe also works with some of the other Keysight scopes, not just the S-Series.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
Super thankful for this video!

Way to go, nice choice. Great, useful info.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
Thanks again for this very interesting video. Looks like a very nice probe system (especially connected to your scope). The price however is  :o

Offline Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
Looks like a very nice probe system (especially connected to your scope). The price however is  :o
Pretty crazy since its just the well known 2 path amplifier, a good reference is The Art and Science of Analog Circuit Design, Roach, Chapter 7. If we could find a suitable BNC connector it would be fun to make a series of DIY active probes.

• Frequent Contributor
Looks like a very nice probe system (especially connected to your scope). The price however is  :o
Pretty crazy since its just the well known 2 path amplifier, a good reference is The Art and Science of Analog Circuit Design, Roach, Chapter 7. If we could find a suitable BNC connector it would be fun to make a series of DIY active probes.

Indeed an overall simple architecture. The advantage is that it is well modeled, calibrated, etc.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
The details would be rather small on a product like this one despite the visual look of simplicity.

Almost all of my work is power electronics - conversion, distribution, and management for sensitive loads. This looks very handy especially when coupled with the software in the scope to help analyze and gain insight.

Hoping I win one of the Keysight scopes - I will definitely add one of these.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf