Author Topic: Cheap scopes, Siglent vs Rigol  (Read 20023 times)

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: Cheap scopes, Siglent vs Rigol
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 09:09:42 am »
Yep, and on their own product page! You couldn't write comedy like this if you tried...   :-DD
So you like comedy ?
This is comedy:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/project-yaigol-fixing-rigol-scope-design-problems/

Maybe it's just me but I found the writing style very poor, the acting was wooden and the plot was full of holes. I think most people will leave that thread disappointed and wanting their time back.

A valiant effort, but only 2/10.

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 10:28:06 am »
 :-DD but seriously, please stop the pissing contest :horse:

I guess if I were working on the CAN bus it would be between 2 of MY controllers as I have no interest in automotive applications.  Given that scenario, I can come up with a lot of ways to troubleshoot the bus and that CANUSB is a pretty good one.  A logic analyzer might work and I might even be able to use a scope for short packets.  Lots of ways...

Just like we dealt with serial buses long before DSOs came along.  Somehow, despite our crude instruments, we got things built.

of course :) when i started educating myself on the protocol i used to take the acquisition screenshot of the packets and went on decoding by hand, comparing the reuslt with the analyzer

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 10:44:44 am »
:-DD but seriously, please stop the pissing contest :horse:

Wasn't me. I just thought it was hilarious that Siglent put a video on their website telling people to buy Rigols.

Some people around here just seem to take offense when anybody mentions the DS1054Z in any context. At the end of the day it's a $400 oscilloscope with a ton of features. Of course it's not the best oscilloscope ever in history but it's very complete, has 4 channels, and what's not to like at that price?  :-//

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf