Author Topic: Keysight 3000 A/T, 4000A probe cal failure criteria ?  (Read 579 times)

Offline EE-diggerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Keysight 3000 A/T, 4000A probe cal failure criteria ?
« on: March 23, 2022, 12:45:25 am »
Is anyone familiar with the probe calibration "flow" or in particular, what makes a probe fail?

I have one active probe, via the N2744A Tek to AutoProbe adapter, which works properly, has good offset control and low noise.

As you watch the cal waveform proceed, this probe, vs another of the same model, has a cal sequence which does sort of a double jump before the second half of the sequence.  The beginning and ending portions of the overall sequence look like a good probe.  But it fails.

So if offset zero adjust is good and offset range adjust is good, and the cal waveform is good, what is making it fail?

added - I did note that the gain for this failing probe appears to be greater than a good probe.  Unfortunately, these scopes don't give access to attenuation factor for probes connected via the N2744A adapter.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 03:05:56 am by EE-digger »

Offline Patrick20

Re: Keysight 3000 A/T, 4000A probe cal failure criteria ?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 03:00:13 pm »
Hi EE-digger,

Can you provide the model number for the Tek active probe you are using? I am a Keysight employee and would like to try and recreate your setup as close as I can in my lab to see if there is an issue with our 3000 A/T or the N2744A T2A adapter.

It sounds like from your post that you have two Tek probes, where one passes the cal and the other fails. It seems like this is caused by a gain measurement?

We may be able to figure out the attenuation factor by doing a measurement with a known voltage and then seeing what is displayed on the scope screen via the Tek probe.

Thanks!
Patrick20

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 03:35:05 pm »
I had a gain problem with a N2744A T2A probe interface adapter and a TEK current probe on a MSOX3000A scope. Finally I gave up on this setup problem and switched to a Keysight current probe and all was perfect.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline Patrick20

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 05:04:36 pm »
Hi HighVoltage,

Do you recall the model number of the tek probe you were trying to use?

Regards,
Patrick20

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf