Author Topic: Keysight 1200A X Series (EDUX1052A) P-Clock and I-Clock malfunction error  (Read 2011 times)

Offline TKTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
I have a KS EDUX1052A I am trying to hack to a full blown DSOX1202G.  It started giving me P-Clock and I-Clock malfunction errors at startup and does not show any traces.  Self test says ADC TrigComp and Mux error.  Scope is responsive, demo signals still work as well as the hacked wavegen.  Has anyone seen this error before on any KS Infiniivision scope?   

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
I have a KS EDUX1052A I am trying to hack to a full blown DSOX1202G. 

Please detail what you have done.

Offline TKTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
0. Changed resistor configuration to set to DSOX1202G model
1. Added the missing components on the digital input (external trigger) section as required by DSOX models vs EDUX.
2. Added the missing components on the waveform generator section.  Used the existing solder on the empty pads, added no-clean flux, added the components and soldered with hot air soldering iron.  It was not working well, so added more flux, resoldered, checked with magnifier, swapped components... in the process of debugging the waveform generator, ended adding to much flux, and other parts of the board started to get compromised... traces not being at Ground level, CH2 showing the same signal as CH1 (even when the front-end sections were not touched at all).
3. Cleaned with alcohol, waveform section worked better, but not 100% perfect. 
4. CH1 and CH2 traces were off, sometimes when started, they were out of bounds, one on the positive side, the other on the negative side.
5. Decided to run self-calibration... failed and not able to return to previous calibration state.  Changed back to EDUX1052A but calibration failed.
6. Replaced ICs in the self-calibration section.  This section also generates son ADJ signals for the front end opamps.  Removed the ICs and turned on the scope, to see what type of error I was getting if this section was faulty... got the P-Clock and I-Clock failure message for the first time.  Added the components (OPAMPs and HCT04 inverters), continues to get P-Clock and I-Clock failure messages all the time.  The inverters receive several PWM/clock signals generated by the ASIC and converts them to analog levels.  It is a combination of inverter + TLC274 opamp.

There is a trigger section that receives some of the signals conditioned by the inverter+TLC274 combo and it can be the origin of the TrigComp & Mux error.

Next suspect: passive components on the OPAMP/HCT04 section damaged by overheating with hot air.

Next step: get a serial output log of the full boot process and see if can find any clue

Offline JiriB

• Contributor
Re: Keysight 1200A X Series (EDUX1052A) P-Clock and I-Clock malfunction error
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 02:09:09 pm »
Hello, me too "Self test failed: TrigComp & Mux"
All resistors 391 OK :(

UART:
Hyst dac = 36864, pos slope dac = 0x8F6D, neg slope dac = 0x8BB7, range =  950, div = 1.533 +                                                                   Trig Hyst B1 = 18937.725, B0 = 8124.452                                         **** CAL PASSED **** Time: 13 seconds                                           **** External Trigger Level ****                                                /1 Trig B1 = 5303.000, B0 = 35814.000                                           /5 Trig B1 = 1071.000, B0 = 35814.000                                           **** CAL FAILED ****                                                            Cal Date Fri Sep 17 13:59:06 2021                                               Update Cal Failed Header                                                        Factory Cal Mode                                                                   Revision     : 2                                                                Cal Mode     : Factory                                                          Cal Satus    : CAL_OK                                                           Firmware Ver : 01.01.2016092800                                                 Cal Temp     : 24.250000 C                                                      Cal Date     : Fri Sep 30 11:35:23 2016                                         Cal Duration : 401s                                                                                                                                          Service Cal Mode                                                                   Revision     : 1                                                                Cal Mode     : Service                                                          Cal Satus    : CAL_OK                                                           Firmware Ver : 01.01.2016092800

Offline pnv57

• Contributor
This happened to me, after I ripped the two terminals that are next to each  other on the BLT board. I soldered them back, and got those errors. Went back through, and soldered them all better, errors gone, now I have a trace. The issue is that the trace would "jump" and the sine wave would be static (triggered) on the screen, but there would be a little step in it. I went back though, and I added solder while bending each pin down to the board with a pick, and allowing the solder to harden before removing the pick. This made all of the connections much better and fixed the problem for me.

I suggest that you remove and reinsert the BLT board, and if that doesn't work, use a pick and ensure each pin of the 4 connectors is firmly attached.

The following users thanked this post: TK

Offline wxqhigh

• Contributor
Re: Keysight 1200A X Series (EDUX1052A) P-Clock and I-Clock malfunction error
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 02:27:14 pm »
I have the same problem in my edux1052A after frontend mod.
Finally i found a resistor with wrong value and after replace it,all passed.
So,please double check the frontend and ext trigger.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf