Author Topic: Which logic analyzer for FPGA work up to 300-400 Mhz  (Read 7439 times)

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Which logic analyzer for FPGA work up to 300-400 Mhz
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2023, 11:20:43 pm »
For boat anchor logic analyzer fans, you can sometimes find reasonable deals if you are patient. The last boat anchor logic analyzer I picked up around 3 months ago was an Agilent 16902A, which included a 16910A 102-channel 32M-sample analyzer module (plus a couple of other modules) for a total of $200 including shipping in the US.

In Europe they are more expensive. For example, currently in Germany there is one listing for HP 16500C (https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/hp-16500c-logikanalysator-incl-erw-karten-und-sehr-viel-zubehoer/2245980136-168-4201) - 350 EUR. It includes the following modules:

Again, asking price ain't selling price. Just make the guy an offer; likely you can scoop it up for 200 euro or even less. The ad is on there for nearly 3 months already. It could also be the seller is stuck at 350 and is waiting for somebody to buy the device for that price -which may never happen-. Only one way to find out: make an offer. Do everyone a favour and don't ask whether it is still for sale or what the lowest price is; make an offer.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 11:24:04 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline jhormilla

• Contributor
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2023, 08:04:26 am »
For boat anchor logic analyzer fans, you can sometimes find reasonable deals if you are patient. The last boat anchor logic analyzer I picked up around 3 months ago was an Agilent 16902A, which included a 16910A 102-channel 32M-sample analyzer module (plus a couple of other modules) for a total of $200 including shipping in the US. This deal was probably better due to the 16902A lacking a hard drive, which was easy for me to replace and reload the OS and application software, as that is something I had already been through a few times.

The Agilent / Keysight 16900 and 16800 series logic analyzers run Windows XP (or Windows 7 in the much nicer and faster newer versions), and can be remotely controlled by the logic analyzer application running on a remote PC. In some cases the remote control might provide a better user experience if the logic analyzer application runs on a significantly faster modern system than locally on the 1GHz PIII motherboard built into the original 16900 series logic analyzers.

Whats the going price for the Agilent/Keysight 16902A Logic Analyzer with a couple of modules? Looking into one of these but don't know the pitfalls with them. They look vary capable.
TIA

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2023, 08:11:52 am »
For boat anchor logic analyzer fans, you can sometimes find reasonable deals if you are patient. The last boat anchor logic analyzer I picked up around 3 months ago was an Agilent 16902A, which included a 16910A 102-channel 32M-sample analyzer module (plus a couple of other modules) for a total of $200 including shipping in the US. This deal was probably better due to the 16902A lacking a hard drive, which was easy for me to replace and reload the OS and application software, as that is something I had already been through a few times.

The Agilent / Keysight 16900 and 16800 series logic analyzers run Windows XP (or Windows 7 in the much nicer and faster newer versions), and can be remotely controlled by the logic analyzer application running on a remote PC. In some cases the remote control might provide a better user experience if the logic analyzer application runs on a significantly faster modern system than locally on the 1GHz PIII motherboard built into the original 16900 series logic analyzers.

Whats the going price for the Agilent/Keysight 16902A Logic Analyzer with a couple of modules? Looking into one of these but don't know the pitfalls with them. They look vary capable.
TIA

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=%28Agilent%2CKeysight%29+16902A&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf