Author Topic: Keyight 34461 DMM  (Read 1372 times)

Offline IconicPCBTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Keyight 34461 DMM
« on: March 05, 2019, 10:15:54 pm »
What is Your experience of Keysight 34461 DMM?
Are there any issues to be weary of?
Where in the eco system would this animal live?

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Keyight 34461 DMM
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 10:59:12 pm »
It's a good meter.  As mentioned in the last thread I saw discussing it, the Keithley 6.5 digit most current model probably has a bit of an edge in terms of UI and remote functionality, but the 34461 is a solid meter, I've been happy with mine.  If you're coming from a meter with no fancy screen it makes a big difference for change over time sorts of things (measuring tempcos and whatnot), because being able to have the data plotted out on a graph is a really great feature.

There was that little thing with the 1kV input rating that, if I remember right, turned out to be a false alarm?  It takes a second to boot, but it's not crazy long, and it's plenty responsive in normal use.

Not sure what you mean by ecosystem..... it's most easily integrated with other Keysight gear, but it's got your standard front panel and remote operation features and interfaces, so it can play nice with a lot of stuff.

Offline EE-digger

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:13:19 am »
I've had both the 61A and the 34465A.  Trust me, the 34465A is worth the small price difference.  Depends on what you're doing but the 34465A has a 1pA resolution on the lowest current range.  It also has faster sampling rate and many other differences I can't recall but use.

I usually talk to it using the Agilent DMM connectivity utility.  If you can find it, this was sort of a marketing blunder that does not time out.  Either of these two models would need to be set to responds as 34410A.

To support the these models fully, including screen capture, you need the latest version of Benchvue, which will log for an hour or so for free, otherwise not free for long term logging.

Benchvue also has a digitize function which is pretty powerful as it captures a defined sample size at up to 5ks/s or 50ks/s with the DIGItizer option ($300 something).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:17:49 am by EE-digger »

Offline IconicPCBTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 05:14:16 am »
Thanks Digger.

By eco system i mean comparable gear from other vendors.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 05:36:23 am »
The Digitizer option is now included free with the newest firmware on the 34465A/34470A.
VE7FM

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf