Author Topic: Recommend me a bench meter (sorry)  (Read 3996 times)

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Recommend me a bench meter (sorry)
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2021, 11:42:14 pm »
I would add also one that is slightly above your price range if purchased used: the Keithley 2015. It goes to 750V (covers your 700V upper voltage) and has an interesting THD analyzer for audio.

That is a very interesting possibility for somebody into audio equipment.   I'm still not real thrilled about used but that is a current production machine and maybe more importantly it is two instruments in one for the audio equipment bench.  The THD analyzer might make it easier to justify going over budget.
I have one and it's a fantastic meter. Paradoxically, used 2015s often sell for less than the Keithley 2000, which is the regular version without THD measurement, because the 2015 is a slightly more obscure model.

I would add also one that is slightly above your price range if purchased used: the Keithley 2015. It goes to 750V (covers your 700V upper voltage) and has an interesting THD analyzer for audio.

That is a very interesting possibility for somebody into audio equipment.   I'm still not real thrilled about used but that is a current production machine and maybe more importantly it is two instruments in one for the audio equipment bench.  The THD analyzer might make it easier to justify going over budget.

Just remember some hearing protection when using the meter, the fan is rather loud.
The Keithley 2015 doesn't have a fan. It's absolutely silent.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline View[+]Finder

• Supporter
    • Sparks! A Learning Place for Curious Minds
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2021, 10:21:01 pm »
Not only does the Keithley 2015 have a THD analyzer, it has, as a part of the THD board, an audio signal generator up to 20kHz through a BNC out the back. Also, there is a "timed-scan" recorder with ten registers to, for example, capture a discharging battery voltage over several days. It is a nice DMM that I use frequently on my bench. Noise is not a problem for my lab as there are several meters, etc. running 24/7 so one more is hardly noticeable. For a 6.5 digit meter the 2015 is very nicely priced; mine was well under $400.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2021, 06:35:45 pm »
Not only does the Keithley 2015 have a THD analyzer, it has, as a part of the THD board, an audio signal generator up to 20kHz through a BNC out the back. Also, there is a "timed-scan" recorder with ten registers to, for example, capture a discharging battery voltage over several days. It is a nice DMM that I use frequently on my bench. Noise is not a problem for my lab as there are several meters, etc. running 24/7 so one more is hardly noticeable. For a 6.5 digit meter the 2015 is very nicely priced; mine was well under $400.
Given that the 2015 does not have a fan, there’s no noise for it to add.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf