Author Topic: APC-7 to N-F adapters  (Read 1316 times)

Offline rhbTopic starter

• Super Contributor
APC-7 to N-F adapters
« on: March 23, 2019, 08:03:00 pm »
Does anyone have any experience with adapters sold on Amazon  by Custom Cables Group, LLC? I've asked Custom Cables for specs, but not heard yet because of the weekend.  When I asked about brand I was told "generic" which doubtless means China.  L-Com has a lot of stuff made in China as do other companies.  I don't want to buy parts rejected by a reputable company.

Aaren Technology in the UK makes them and sells them for $111 US each for a pair.  They are specified as VSWR < 1.10 to 18 GHz.   These are for the 85046A  S parameter set for my 8753B VNA.

I've got an 8560A with TG, so I can sweep them over most of the range of the 85046A, but I'd prefer to avoid having to return stuff.

Offline Tony_G

• Frequent Contributor
  • Checkout my old test gear channel (link in sig)
    • TGSoapbox
Re: APC-7 to N-F adapters
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 01:58:59 am »
Interested in hearing how this goes - I've never used them but I picked up a set of APC-7 to N adapters when I acquired a set of APC-7 HP Attenuators.

Have you thought about APC-7 to N test cables?

TonyG

Offline rhbTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 12:27:16 pm »
APC-7 coaxial connectors are harder to find than adapters and at least as expensive.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 01:42:24 pm »
I'd buy a pair from Aaren and be done with it. I would be more concerned about the N part of the adapter as this is where you may incur damage to your mating connectors if the mechanical tolerances are out of wack.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline rhbTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:54:45 pm »
That's almost certainly what I'll do.

Custom Cables Group will have to come up with better documentation than "generic".  That seems unlikely to happen.  If they did their own QC, they would have said that when I asked about the brand/make of the adapters.

Damaging the APC-7s on the 45076A would be a much bigger problem than damaging an N-M cable.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 05:22:46 pm »
APC7 is sexless, the mating surfaces are the same on both sides , being kept in contact by spring force. Whereas N has male pin mating with female socket and mechanical tolerances like pin and socket protrusion or diameter are important.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf