Author Topic: Iran Electronics Industries 8510 multimeter (almost vintage)  (Read 4975 times)

Offline alimirjamaliTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Analog! D2A or A2D?
    • Ali's personal blog (updated once per year!)
Iran Electronics Industries 8510 multimeter (almost vintage)
« on: August 04, 2014, 04:07:09 pm »
Here are the photos of Iran Electronics Industries 8510 multimeter  :-DMM (see notes below for more information).

Yes it still works; Ops, low battery!

Serial number is 29842

edit: Translation of the back label (it is Persian, not Arabic!):
8510 Digital multimeter
Attention!
Read the user manual before operation
Replace the battery on <= sign
Unit will show "1" if out of range
Close the battery lid before operation
Power consumption: 25mW
Operating voltage: 9V battery
Fuse: 0.5amps @ 250V
Serial No.: 29842

Inside of the meter.

This time, I researched more about this DMM and IEI. It appears that IEI offered the re-badge DMM at the beginning (most probably from a Japanese vendor), then eventually produced & assembled PCBs at their wave-soldering facility in Shiraz. They stopped offering test gear as the entire initiative was more propaganda and not financially justified. The company is now more focused on military equipment.

This meter was in my toolbox for ages and rarely used recently. I had the intention to send this meter to Dave; however, I am not sure if he/his audience would be interested in such a thing  ::). Dave should have already more than 100 DMMs in his shelves  ;).

Please visit my other post of IEI scope for additional information: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/odd-(almost)-vintage-iranian-oscilloscope/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:40:53 pm by alimirjamali »

Offline mamalala

• Supporter
Re: Iran Electronics Industries 8510 multimeter (almost vintage)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 08:25:36 pm »
Hey, thanks for sharing!

That front plate is rather interresting, mixed persian (as i learned from you) and "normal" writing.

Don't know about the others, but maybe it would be interresting if you could share the "electronics situation" in Iran with us, for example in the "General Chat" section here? Like, what equipment can you get in Iran, from what brands. How and where do you get parts. What parts are hard to get for you, if at all. What are the prices. Are there any large online-shops local to Iran, etc.

Yes, we met before on the chat, and you already tol us (me) a few things there, but i guess others here would also be interrested in that.

Greetings,

Chris

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:44:35 pm »
Thanks for the teardown, it looks good on the inside.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline ciccio

• Frequent Contributor
  • Designing analog audio since 1977
    • Oberon Electrophysics
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »
I had the original Japanese DMM for years (bought around 1985).
I'm not sure, but I think it was labeled UNIVOLT or something like.
Sold it some time ago, for a dirty cheap sum.
Worked fine, except it had no tilt stand.
Best regards
Strenua Nos Exercet Inertia
I'm old enough, I don't repeat mistakes.
I always invent new ones

Offline Hugoneus

• Frequent Contributor
    • The Signal Path Video Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 04:15:12 am »
Oh wow...

I got one of those as a gift from my mom when I was 9 years old. I remember how amazingly excited I was. I used that meter for a decade before I unfortunately lost it in a move...

Great memories!

Offline alimirjamaliTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Analog! D2A or A2D?
    • Ali's personal blog (updated once per year!)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 07:22:22 pm »
Don't know about the others, but maybe it would be interresting if you could share the "electronics situation" in Iran with us, for example in the "General Chat" section here? Like, what equipment can you get in Iran, from what brands. How and where do you get parts. What parts are hard to get for you, if at all. What are the prices. Are there any large online-shops local to Iran, etc.
Chris

It was a pleasure to chat with you Chris. I will try to share information & maybe upload videos of the "electronics situation" in Iran  ^-^.

I had the original Japanese DMM for years (bought around 1985). I'm not sure, but I think it was labeled UNIVOLT or something like.

Thank you very much for sharing the information  :).

Oh wow...

I got one of those as a gift from my mom when I was 9 years old. I remember how amazingly excited I was. I used that meter for a decade before I unfortunately lost it in a move...

Great memories!

Hi Shahriar. It is a pleasure to see you here. I watch each and every one of your videos and love all of them  :-+. If you like to have this DMM, please let me know. My aunt is a Citizen of Toronto and is currently in Tehran for summer vacation. I can ask her to post it to you once she returns to Canada. It is the smallest thing I can do in appreciation of your great videos.

Best regards,
Ali

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf