Author Topic: Info on Gould/Siemens DSO demonstration device sought  (Read 923 times)

Offline Neomys SapiensTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Info on Gould/Siemens DSO demonstration device sought
« on: March 28, 2019, 12:36:31 am »
A tough nut for the scope experts:

This SIEMENS labeled device stems from the time when Siemens T&M sold relabeled Gould oscilloscopes. That I know for sure, as I had once seen the same thing in it's original Gould livery.
It was associated with a certain 4-channel DSO of the 100..200Ms/s class, not sure which one it was anymore.
It was used as a demonstration aid for some of the more advanced features of the instrument, such as glitch triggering, waveform envelope etc. So I figured that it might be useful for verification of similar functions on other scopes. Or for testing other instrumentation, where it might be useful to be able to add noise to a known signal etc.

On the back is a cryptic list of waveforms, lacking any parametric information. Some of those patterns show up upon selection, some do not. Also, the action of the 'Glitch' and 'Noise' selections as well as the 'Start' button are less than clear from the experiments which I have performed. Same for the ranges of the possible adjustments.

Inside is a Xilinx FPGA and an EPROM and some analog components on the hidden side.

RfI to Teledyne-Gould-Nicolet came up as 'you have a WHAT?', a couple of hours of Internet research came up with a archived picture of exactly the auction from which I got it (years ago) - and nothing else.

Now a final try before it becomes a 'whatever box': did anyone come across it and can contribute additional information, which might make the little wonderkludge useful? Maybe in a DSO manual of Gould/Siemens?

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: Info on Gould/Siemens DSO demonstration device sought
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 05:46:48 am »
Never seen one, but now I have to follow along to learn more about it.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf