Author Topic: IBM-632 diode tester user manual?  (Read 491 times)

Offline ASMLTopic starter

IBM-632 diode tester user manual?
« on: October 10, 2023, 08:25:23 pm »
Hi folks, I'm looking for a manual and more info, it's  probably a noval bulb rectifier tester. Inside it needs a 45 or 67.5V plate battery and a glow battery. But how to use is the main goal. I did have a EZ80 rectifier for testing.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 08:49:03 pm by ASML »

Offline Paul3456

Re: IBM-632 diode tester user manual?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 08:15:13 am »
Hello,
what you have here is a testing device for an IBM pluggable unit containing Germanium crystal diodes and dates from around 1958.
The values on the scale are typical testing values for "the minimum back resistance of about 400K and a maximum forward resistance of about 200 ohms".
These diodes are mounted on a pluggable unit (see the second module from the left on the added picture). A pluggable unit contains 12 diodes, therefore you have 12 positions on the rotating switch to select the diode you want to test. You need 2 voltages 1) a 1.5V D battery for testing the forward resistance  and 2) 90V DC for testing the backward resistance. On the EXT position you can also test single diode via the EXTERNAL inputs.
The device exists in 2 versions 1) with a 9 pin tube-style socket for IBM-604 style PU's and 2) a 10 pin tube style socket for IBM 650-style PU's.
Do NOT put a tube in the socket as this might create short-circuits.
Hope this helps you,
Paul

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf