Author Topic: Rigol DS1104Z Plus and DS1104Z Plus-S differences  (Read 957 times)

Offline oceanbornTopic starter

Rigol DS1104Z Plus and DS1104Z Plus-S differences
« on: March 28, 2022, 09:12:22 am »
Hi everyone. I am new on the forum.

Some questions for owners of the Rigol DS1104Z. I have ordered a DS1104Z-Plus-S. But the one I received is labeled "DS1104Z-Plus" (without the S  i.e. source channels / function generator option):

1. System utility : displays "DS1104Z Plus" . Should not it display "DS1104Z S Plus" ?

2. It is written on the front panel (right to the blue rigol logo)
Should not it read "DS1104 Z Plus S on that front panel ?

3. I do not see "Function generator" in the list of installed options1449988-01449994-1

However, the scope I received does have the function generator (2 sources BNC in the back) and it seems to work. I tested with BNC cables from the source1&2 to the inputs.

I am pondering whether to return the unit but I feel this is going to be a waste of time as it seems I have all the functions. Are there any other diffferences between those 2 models I should know about ? I looked at the datasheet and rigol shop and I do not see much else.

I filed a case with Amazon & rigol but I would like an opinion from the forum as well.

regards,
Good day.

Online RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1104Z Plus and DS1104Z Plus-S differences
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 09:23:46 am »
You have the "Plus S" version, nothing to complain or to return.  There is no such thing like a "Plus" without S but with a signal generator included.  The "S" stands for "Signal Generator".

At most, you can report a firmware bug, because the "S" letter is missing from the screen when the model is displayed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf