Author Topic: Calibration Password for Martel Calibrator  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Chance92Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Calibration Password for Martel Calibrator
« on: September 23, 2022, 11:42:27 pm »
I've recently bought a used Martel MC-1010 calibrator. The output appears to be out of spec, so I'm planning to make some adjustment. However, the calibration menu is password protected. I wonder if anyone know what the password is? The PCB has a marking of "MC1200", so I suppose the password may be the same as the MC-1200 series.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Re: Calibration Password for Martel Calibrator
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 11:51:07 pm »
I've never heard of Martel before, but with other manufacturers things like 0000 or the model number are common default password. Do you know how many characters the password is? Did you try a bunch of the obvious ones?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 12:28:25 am »
I've never heard of Martel before, but with other manufacturers things like 0000 or the model number are common default password. Do you know how many characters the password is? Did you try a bunch of the obvious ones?

I think they were acquired by Fluke back in 2012. They were probably involved in the development of some of the Fluke's handheld calibrators. I believe the password is 3 or 4 digit long. I have tried the common ones but no luck so far. I'm also trying to write a script to run every possible combination through it.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 05:27:46 pm »
The script worked! The password is 900. Use CR as terminator.

The following users thanked this post: alm, rcecil

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf