Author Topic: Rigol DHO800 DHO900 Custom Decoders  (Read 712 times)

Offline lukilukeskywalkerTopic starter

Rigol DHO800 DHO900 Custom Decoders
« on: June 08, 2024, 09:36:29 pm »
Hi, new user here,
I am a new proud owner of a DHO924s and I was looking for its decoding capabilities
I was wondering if custom decoders can be installed and made by us like the High level decoder scripts you can write for Saleae LAs and Sigrok LAs
I am currently interested in writing a SENT decoder for a project I am working in, I have already modified and written a HLA decoder for the Saleae Software that lets me see what a chip is sending
In case it is not possible, can the point stream of the oscilloscope be converted to something (a capture) that the Sigrok or Saleae software can see?

Thanks in advance for your help

Offline TomKatt

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rigol DHO800 DHO900 Custom Decoders
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2024, 02:03:05 am »
I don’t have a Rigol scope, but I do not believe that the DHO800 series provides the ability to create custom decoding scripts at that high level.  I’m not sure what exporting abilities this scope offers that you could import into Sigrok - I note that the DHO800 series is not listed in the Sigrok hardware page, so I wouldn’t expect that to be an option.

Personally, I’ve always preferred a dedicated LA to the ones built into scopes for high level decoding.  Perhaps even a Sigrok capable dedicated USB LA would be a better solution for you in this case.  If you do much serial decoding work, I’ve found the DSlogic Plus USB LA’s to work very well - they are a big step above the cheap LA boxes but significantly less expensive than Saleae units.
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PIC

Offline mrisco

• Regular Contributor
    • Github repo
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 01:12:15 am »
You can use Python to implement custom decoders; Using pyVisa it is possible to retrieve the channel data information and then process it.

DHO800-900 Extended UI: https://youtu.be/mT4ivaMY7zg

The following users thanked this post: Electro Fan

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2024, 01:26:15 am »
The 'scopes are very hackable.

People have added things like fancy FFTs in a separate window. Maybe other decoders are possible using similar techniques.

It's not as simple as uploading a Python script onto the 'scope though, and it's probably easier to hack Sigrock into working with the DHO800/GHO900.

Offline fredo_

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2024, 10:39:24 pm »
It's not as simple as uploading a Python script onto the 'scope though, and it's probably easier to hack Sigrock into working with the DHO800/GHO900.
There seems to be a work in progress for a Sigrok DHO800/900 driver update (even though it shows no activity since January...) : https://github.com/sigrokproject/libsigrok/pull/229

The following users thanked this post: Electro Fan

Offline fredo_

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2024, 05:03:59 pm »
There seems to be a work in progress for a Sigrok DHO800/900 driver update (even though it shows no activity since January...) : https://github.com/sigrokproject/libsigrok/pull/229
FYI, I just started a new topic about new hardware support for Sigrok (including Rigol DHO800/900 models).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf