Author Topic: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)  (Read 277201 times)

black6host and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline bebopdk

• Contributor
I tested mine with a 9v battery, and in multimeter mode it said 9.0001v and in scope mode it measured around 9v, max measurement displayed voltage switched between 8.9 and 9v. I used the 1x mode on the probe since using x10 gave a slightly lower result, probably caused by not so precise resistors in the probe.

Offline koks1960

Still, I think the device is good, here are the latest tests. I use a homemade STM32 and SI5351 oscillator and a probe from a Soviet oscilloscope for testing.
The difference with the staff is striking.[/img]

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline xperia.art

Does everyone in mA mode measure AVG a thousand lower?

Offline deforme

I have come up with new weird behavior.
i wonder anyone has same issue.
in mv mode when probes are open it just count up and up when I make short both probe then it turns 0 but again it count up and up.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 05:13:32 pm by deforme »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
i wonder anyone has same issue.
in mv mode when probes are open it just count up and up when I make short both probe then it turns 0 but again it count up and up.
This is not a problem but normal behavior of the multimeter. There would be a problem if the readings did not change.
The multimeter in mv mode has a high input resistance. If you short-circuit the probes and you see 0 on the display, this is normal.

Offline Chupacabras

• Regular Contributor
I would like to use this oscilloscope for SMPS (240 Vac) measurements. There could be like 600-800 V on some components (diodes, mosfet, etc.).
I see here:
https://zotektools.com/products/zoyi-zt-703s/
that maximum input voltage is 300 V.

Is that valid for 1x or 10x probe?
I assume if it is valid for 1x probe, I can use 10x probe for 3000 V.
Or is that valid for 10x probe? I could not use it for the purpose I mentioned.
Or is it possible to use 100x probe? Will standard 100x probe fit to that nested connector?

Offline kamil004

The specification says

Maximum Input (DC+AC Peak)
Voltage
X1 range <150V,
X10 range <300V

I dont know why, it should be logical that 1x 150V and 10x 1500V or 1x 30V and 10x 300V. What is correct?
However, if you use 100x attenuation you can test higher voltages, that's what it seems to me.

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
I assume if it is valid for 1x probe, I can use 10x probe for 3000 V.
Or is that valid for 10x probe? I could not use it for the purpose I mentioned.
Or is it possible to use 100x probe? Will standard 100x probe fit to that nested connector?
Take a close look at the documentation for the P2060 probes that come with the ZT703!
I have highlighted in red the permissible max voltages for modes x1 and x10. And also study the important graph of the dependence of the permissible input voltage on the frequency of the input signal. A probe with a x100 divider is suitable for signals with an amplitude above 300V.

The following users thanked this post: Chupacabras

Offline xKertx

• Contributor
You can use a 100x probe if the connector is basic bnc and fits physically. Bigger connectors wont fit because the connector on this scope is recessed.
Also, you will have to do the math all the time because all the readings will be off by 10x times.
The scopes settings have only two options 1x and 10x.

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
Also, you will have to do the math all the time because all the readings will be off by 10x times.
The scopes settings have only two options 1x and 10x.
You are mistaken, the latest firmware versions already have a x100 divider mode. I currently have version 1.3.8 installed.
Version 1.3.9 did not impress me.

Offline xKertx

• Contributor
You are mistaken, the latest firmware versions already have a x100 divider mode. I currently have version 1.3.8 installed.
Version 1.3.9 did not impress me.
Oh, i had to check it and yes, you are right.
My unit came with 1.3.2 and it didn't have it then. But it does now, after i updated it. Thats nice.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 07:45:04 pm by xKertx »

Offline kamil004

Setting x100 in 1.3.9 doesn't make any sense for this type of question. It's just a change of scale on the graph, the multimeter's properties don't change. Only the probe setting is important, and the graph itself can be set even x1 and calculated in your head.

Offline xfint34

• Contributor
There is a bug on 1.3.8 firmware. Power off in mA mode. Power on. It will keep switching between AC and DC current mode.

Offline xKertx

• Contributor
Setting x100 in 1.3.9 doesn't make any sense for this type of question. It's just a change of scale on the graph, the multimeter's properties don't change. Only the probe setting is important, and the graph itself can be set even x1 and calculated in your head.
Isn't this true with every scope?
The probe has the divider resistors and the settings on the scope will change the scale on the graph.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 04:56:11 am by xKertx »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
There is a bug on 1.3.8 firmware. Power off in mA mode. Power on. It will keep switching between AC and DC current mode.
I don't have the same error as you described. Show your video with this error.

Isn't this true with every scope?
The probe has the divider resistors and the settings on the scope will change the scale on the graph.
That's right, the scope correctly scales all measured voltages in x10-x100 modes, there is no need to recalculate anything!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 10:19:31 am by indman »

Offline Chupacabras

• Regular Contributor
So, is this scopometer actually suitable for measuring signals in SMPS? (in 230Vac system)
Or is there better ways or tools for this puspose?

Offline csuhi17

• Frequent Contributor
So, is this scopometer actually suitable for measuring signals in SMPS? (in 230Vac system)
Or is there better ways or tools for this puspose?

It is risky with the included probe.
10x max 300V CATII.
I think it's worth buying a certified probe.

In 10x I can measure the mains 230VAC socket with it using the probe of my Micsig, it does not burn.

on the other hand, it would be safer with the 100x probe, or perhaps a differential measuring probe would be better.
Because if you want to use two channels, or if you're just messing around with the input, you can reach the outer part of the BNC with your hand...
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret

Offline xfint34

• Contributor
I don't have the same error as you described. Show your video with this error.

https://streamable.com/k7o5v9

Offline Chupacabras

• Regular Contributor
What is the size of that hole with connectors? I mean what is the maximum diameter of probe that will fit in there?

Offline csuhi17

• Frequent Contributor
What is the size of that hole with connectors? I mean what is the maximum diameter of probe that will fit in there?

The BNC connectors are in a 20x40mm rectangle.
A connector with a diameter smaller than 20 mm fits into the BNC.
Even the one that comes with it fits in uncomfortably.
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret

The following users thanked this post: Chupacabras

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
Hi!  Can i set null in multimeter mode with closed probes? (like in my agilent 1272)? my 703  indicates 0.1 Ohm and it's annoying :D
Studying metrology and LNA

Offline Alibani

• Bardia Trading
Hey guys,
I have a problem with my 703S.
I tried to compensate the probe by following the instructions on the manual and you tube videos.But I see a square wave on the display without any deviation at any condition.And no differences while screwing the adjustment screw.I tried this with three different probes.
The firmware version is 1.3.9.
Could you please let me know what is my mistake?

Online tunkTopic starter

• Super Contributor
No expert, but did you set the probe switch to 10X?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf