Author Topic: Authorized service center for Panasonic test equipment?  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Hifi NecromancerTopic starter

Authorized service center for Panasonic test equipment?
« on: February 21, 2022, 11:12:10 pm »
It's looking more and more like my Panasonic VP-8132A signal generator has a bad PGA on the audio source board which is not something I can fix.  I think my best option is to send it in to an authorized service center, but I'm having trouble finding one that works on this type of equipment.  I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.  Thanks for any help.

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
Re: Authorized service center for Panasonic test equipment?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 11:43:53 pm »
That's a tough area--good FM signal generators are like gold and pretty obscure when you go to service them.  I recently looked at a fairly large lot of used equipment and the main thing I wanted was a Kikusui signal generator that had FM Stereo and advanced functions (it didn't even include the RF generator part) but unfortunately it appeared not to work and I had to decline due to fear of unobtaniumitis.  'Authorized' service on any of these is long, long gone AFAIK.

Anyway, try this link if you haven't seen it already.  He doesn't have your specific manual listed, but does state that repairs are possible.  And let me know what happens, I'm curious.  I have an FM Stereo solution now (R&S CMU200) but it is pretty basic.  I'm always looking.

https://sites.google.com/site/ej25awd/home/fm-generator-manuals

« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:46:30 pm by bdunham7 »
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

Offline Hifi NecromancerTopic starter

Re: Authorized service center for Panasonic test equipment?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 12:57:33 am »
I saw that site too while I was searching for information on my unit.  It appears he just repairs the attenuators. 

I guess I should be glad that at least the important stuff works, and the frequency/output is accurate.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf