Author Topic: HP-3577A SN2535xxxx  (Read 859 times)

Offline avvidclifTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
HP-3577A SN2535xxxx
« on: September 19, 2021, 01:08:14 am »
Recently purchased this set with a known display problem (none) Working otherwise. Digging into to it when the 1345 HV board is plugged in it overloads the 15v supply and basically causes the machine to shut down (protection circuit). Since the -2450v supply is not there and it uses a voltage doubler circuit I'm fairly certain the caps in it are bad. I've seen this type of problem before on other gear. I have the caps on order. Any other thoughts as I wait on parts?

Also I have the S-Par test set. I have the feet to tie the 2 together but can't figure out what screw size is used. This was when they transitioned from US to Metric. I tried a 6-40 but too big. Someone said the smaller metric version was 4-7 but it doesn't work either. I have both tap and dies sets but nothing seems to be right. I ordered some 3mm screws and going to try them. Anybody goat a clue what the two sizes were, both Imp and Metric. Buying a few screws at a time isn't bad but shipping is killing me. I would just as soon not keep experimenting.
Clif Holland KA5IPF
www.avvid.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf