Author Topic: Cypress CY7C64013-PC, Programmer hardware question  (Read 550 times)

Offline sampler1Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Cypress CY7C64013-PC, Programmer hardware question
« on: February 21, 2022, 12:34:49 am »
Hi all,
Hope you are all doing well.
I have a batch of hardware programmers , mostly inexpensive models. I also have a batch of Cypress CY7C64013-PC (28 pin Dip) that I need to program and none of my programmers will do the job. I went on a quest to purchase another universal programmer but all I find that can do the job requires that I take a second mortgage on my house.
Does anyone know of an inexpensive way to program this IC  or an inexpensive programmer that can do the job?

Best regards, to all.
“Electronic devices are powered by white smoke. When smoke goes out, device is dead.”

Offline gslick

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Cypress CY7C64013-PC, Programmer hardware question
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 02:45:21 am »
What is your budget for a device programmer, and how soon do you need one?

The BP Microsystems BP-1200 and BP-1400 device programmers support programming the CY7C64013. If you are patient and not in a hurry, sometimes those can be found around the $100 range on eBay, including the DIP socket module. Don't see any in that range listed currently. Those are older models which need a PC with an LPT port. The newer USB interface BP-1410, BP-1610, BP-1710 models are a lot less common on eBay, and a lot more expensive. The BP-1410 and BP-1610 I have were somewhere closer to the $400-$500 range when I acquired them a while ago.

If you have a final version of your firmware and won't be needing to iterate through testing and revision cycles one at a time, maybe you could also find someone who would be willing to batch program them for you?

Offline sampler1Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Cypress CY7C64013-PC, Programmer hardware question
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 05:07:31 am »
Gslick,
Thanks for the info, a Parallel programmer would be fine. I guess my budget is around $200USA as I am in Canada and the exchange and shipping is a killer. I think I just found a BP-1400
but I can't locate a device list. also I have no idea what windows OS the software would work in. Cant locate the legacy software also.
still searching..
Stay well.
 :-+
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 05:31:27 am by sampler1 »
“Electronic devices are powered by white smoke. When smoke goes out, device is dead.”

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf