Author Topic: Rigol DS2072 or DS2102(A)  (Read 3952 times)

Offline hmlittle59Topic starter

• Contributor
Rigol DS2072 or DS2102(A)
« on: July 31, 2013, 05:12:38 am »
Hello All,

I was first directed this way about six mths ago when trying to decide which O'scope to buy by the Parallax.com/Forum.  Someone mentioned the Owon SDS7102, but after following all the reviews I've dropped my hopes that it will be fixed any time soon(Hardware/Firmware).   The same goes for my Business Software, with all the minor changes and updates I gave to the programmer/owner over the last 3 - 4 yrs.  I could only see One(1) enhancement/bug fix that I gave him.  I could only guess that he was/is doing the software as a side/second job.   So I've just gave up hope and purchased QuickBooks (priemer).   
With that said, I will NOT wait for another product to be fixed (on the fly/when ever) while in production.  I've read good reviews about the Rigol, and will purchase within the next 2 days.  My choice is the DS2102A unless I here otherwise.
 Sorry for the RANT.
Yes I was trying to go cheap, but REMEMBER:(BUY CHEAP BUY TWICE).  I will spend the extra dollars and hopefully get a BETTER product with much BETTER support.

Thanks to all you very smart (testers/Engineers) whom wrote reviews....NOT the UNDER COVER sales people though.

Howard
www.GarageDoorValet.com

Offline cube1us

• Contributor
Re: Rigol DS2072 or DS2102(A)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 08:58:01 pm »
So, how did it go?  I am looking at the DS2072.  (I have a 100MHz analog scope already, too).

Offline leafi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 02:28:22 am »
ds2072 and unlock it

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 03:44:58 am »
Hello All,

Called TEquipment.net today about my Rigol 2102 was shipped out last Friday (Aug-09-2013) so I was told.  I did not get any email that I could find confirming shipment.  Anyway,  they said it had shipped and would send me another email confirming both packages............WHAT!!!! :wtf:  Why two(2) tracking # and two(2) boxes I ask.   You ordered two(2) scopes...... :palm: I told her unless you charge me for one(1), I only bought one(1).  Well, she is suppose to be correcting it.  I then talked to the Rigol rep. about their Sig. Gen. DG4062 and he said that it will be the latest with "NO" up-dates needed when they arrive 4 days from now, yes, none in stock.  Then he said that he would try to intercept one of the packages and have it returned before I receive it.  Maybe that's why I never received the first email.  I also did not get the EEBLOG discount and that's suppose to be corrected also.  Will order the Sig. Gen. tomorrow after confirming the corrections are done.  Yes my bank account was dinged for both units. 

Still waiting.....more to follow.

Howard

Offline leafi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 05:45:09 pm »
It took a few days for me to get the EEVBlog discount. I chatted with them and asked and they applied it. That was very nice of them.

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 04:39:26 am »
Hello All,

Received my O'scope today(Rigol DS2102), have not UN-packed it yet.  Need to clear off and make some work space.  Sig. Gen. still on back order.

Thanks again

Howard

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 07:58:14 am »
Hello All,

Un-packed and did a temporary setup of my Rigol DS2102.  Checked both probes, one(1) needed adjusting.   Although "TEquipments.net" said there will "NOT" be a need to do any updates out of the box.  Is there any thing that I should check for as this is my first purchase of any "O'scope"?  :clap:   

Getting back to using a O'scope will be a bit slow.  Thanks for any help/in sight/videos links/blogs to read.   :-+

Thanks again

Howard

PS:Sig. Gen. should be on its way in two(2) days.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf