Author Topic: Voltech PM1000+ Software  (Read 1076 times)

Offline billysdomainTopic starter

• Contributor
Voltech PM1000+ Software
« on: March 23, 2020, 05:21:17 pm »
Hi all,

Does anyone have the software for the Voltech PM1000+ by any chance?

Voltech sold their power analyser branch to Tek in 2013 or so, and now they won't dish out the software.

Tek has rebadged the product and called it a PA1000 now, but their software does not work with the PM variant.

Would be really grateful to anyone who could let me have a copy, I have the ethernet, USB and GPIB ports on it.

Thanks
Billy

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
Re: Voltech PM1000+ Software
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:55:36 pm »
Hi,

I ran into the same problem with the PM6000 I bought. I did find the "IEC61000 Software for PM6000".exe file online, but it needs a licence code to run (I think this would also be the case for your PM1000+). The PM6VPAS software was available on the voltech forum for download, but doesn't do anything useful without a licence (only possible to save & load configuration parameters to the instrument). If you sent me a pm, I can provide you with these files, but I do not think they support the PM1000+.

I have been wanting to write some software for it myself, but so far did not spent much time on that. Maybe with Covit19 I will find some additional free time  ;)

What features do you want from the software? Logging over time should be fairly issue to implement using the GPIB commands, some of the IEC Flicker & Harmonics features would be quite an effort.

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
Re: Voltech PM1000+ Software
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:22:40 pm »
I've had a Voltech PM1000+ for quite a while, but I only just noticed you can download the related PC software from their web site. I installed it on a Windows 11 PC, but it just seems to start and immediately shut down, without an error message. Does anyone know if its just incompatible with Windows 11, or if there is something else that might prevent it running, I don't have access to any machines with older versions of Windows right now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf