Author Topic: Trio CS-1560A II Age?  (Read 3974 times)

Offline littlejonTopic starter

Trio CS-1560A II Age?
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:43:20 am »
I got my first oscilloscope today. A Trio CS-1560A II (in picture). I was wondering how old this scope is. There are no identifying dates on the outside of the case at all. It is in really good condition and has been kept very clean during it's life.

Now I need to learn how to use it properly :-)

I have found the service manual for this through searching the forum but I was wondering if anyone had on hand any other user manuals. The input's list the capacitance and impedance, but no mention of the max voltage that it can handle either.

Any info will be greatfully received.

Cheers.

Offline DrGeoff

• Frequent Contributor
    • AXT Systems
Re: Trio CS-1560A II Age?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 08:49:46 am »
I still have one of those sitting under the bench, not used these days. I bought it back in 1982, it was newish on the market then.

From memory it was 15MHz dual trace, 10mV/div max sensitivity.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:52:04 am by DrGeoff »
Was it really supposed to do that?

Offline mstck

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:38:04 pm »
Hi

I cannot say specifically how old your unit is, but I have a CS 1566 which was purchased in 1979.  I would not be surprised if your unit is a bit older.

Please check the specification page in the service manual and you will see that the maximum input voltage is 600 v p-p or 300V (DC + AC peak).

I hope this helps

http://bee.mif.pg.gda.pl/ciasteczkowypotwor/Kenwood/cs1560a.pdf

The following users thanked this post: trying to be clever

Offline littlejonTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 08:34:43 pm »
Thanks for the info, is there an difference between the CS-1560A and the unit marked with II? I cant find any reference to a version two anyware.

Please check the specification page in the service manual and you will see that the maximum input voltage is 600 v p-p or 300V (DC + AC peak).
Sorry - Newbie mistake, I had read that a couple of weeks ago when I first found the scope and was considering bidding. I should have looked again before asking.

Thanks.

Jon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf