Author Topic: Is this a real Hioki meter?  (Read 3957 times)

Offline cakekellyTopic starter

Online edavid

• Super Contributor
Re: Is this a real Hioki meter?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:43:57 pm »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:36:33 pm »
It's a persistent scammer.  See the other thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/scam-warning-wtc999good-sellers-selling-uni-t-meters-cheap-on-eaby/
the seller linked by the OP is fitting2011, not wtc999good-sellers. and the item price is US $86.89, not $10...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 11:45:45 pm »
The Hioki DT4211 is likely a DER multimeter rebadge of some sort.  See

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hioki-42114212-quality/

Offline boggis the cat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 11:57:56 pm »
I have just been working completed a cal procedure for the Hioki DT4212.  These are made in Taiwan, and are comparable in quality terms to the Japanese made models.

There are some odd limitations -- 1 V diode test, frequency only works for voltage -- but Hioki seem to have some oddities.  If interested, search for the manual for the Hioki DT4212 (also covers the DT4211) and check the specs carefully.

Edit:
Forgot to add that these models are now obsoleted.  No replacements seem to be available as yet, which is a bit odd.  (Hioki oddness...)

Edit 2:
There is a Hz setting available for voltage and current.  The separate "Hz" position is what appears to be specified, however I would assume that the same spec can be applied to the voltage and current settings with the Hz mode set (within the 40 through 500 Hz limitations of the settings, in this case).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:48:27 am by boggis the cat »

Online edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:35:47 am »
It's a persistent scammer.  See the other thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/scam-warning-wtc999good-sellers-selling-uni-t-meters-cheap-on-eaby/
the seller linked by the OP is fitting2011, not wtc999good-sellers. and the item price is US $86.89, not $10...

The listing the OP linked to was taken down.  It was a $9.99 listing like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HIOKI-DT4211-DIGITAL-MULTIMETER-DT4211-0-5-Accuracy-Brand-New-DT-4211-/262976452231

Offline ciccio

• Frequent Contributor
  • Designing analog audio since 1977
    • Oberon Electrophysics
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 12:22:00 pm »
I accepted the risk of losing 9.99 US dollars, and placed an order on E-Bay on thuesday, may 15.
The order was confirmed the same day, PayPal sent me a receipt for the payment, then after two hours I got a message from EBay stating that the post was cancelled, but after 36 hours I goat an EBay message stating that the item was shipped. I even got a shipment code (RU724121427CN), but don't know where to search for it..
Let's see what will happen, delivery is stated from june 12 to  july 7.... full of time to open an EBay - Paypal dispute.
Strenua Nos Exercet Inertia
I'm old enough, I don't repeat mistakes.
I always invent new ones

Offline joseph nicholas

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 01:46:19 pm »
I did the same thing as the previous post with the exception of not receiving a conformation that the meter was shipped.  Tried to contact the seller several times with not response.  I can only wait until the time for delivery lapses and get a refund from ebay. 

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 06:49:58 pm »
Understanding that its only $9.99, why would you even waste the time. Just look at the sellers feedback, its obvious exactly whats going to happen. Why would you expect anything different?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf