Author Topic: Fluke 2640 Netdaq Remote Command Set ?  (Read 604 times)

Offline tridacTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Fluke 2640 Netdaq Remote Command Set ?
« on: November 18, 2023, 03:41:34 pm »
Have searched for the docs describing the network or serial remote command set for the 2640, with no result. Need to write my own network based app to drive this, so does anyone know where the remote command set documentation can be found ?. The similar function HP34972 uses a SCPI command set, and is well documented, but can't find the command set the 2640, in any of the existing manuals for the product.

Thanks...
Test gear restoration, hardware and software projects...

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 2640 Netdaq Remote Command Set ?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 10:40:43 pm »
Looks like the LabVIEW driver was also using the DLLs that came with the DAQ software. So I guess it's a binary protocol rather than something common like SCPI. If you manage to find a (trial) version of the software and a computer / virtual machine to run it on, you might be able to intercept the network traffic using a tool like Wireshark and reverse-engineer if you have the time and motivation.

If you need results quickly, I'd look at better documented solutions like the HP instrument or something like the Labjack. In this reddit post someone was also looking for alternatives because they could not control the Fluke DAQ without using its software.

Offline tridacTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke 2640 Netdaq Remote Command Set ?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2023, 04:43:41 pm »
Thanks, more or less what I found. Their software was pretty underwhelming, from memory, and the lack of docs for the remote command set makes it unusable here. Picked up an HP 34972a a while back, 6.5 digit and extensively documented. Fluke are usually pretty good, so why this blatant market control ploy ?. If I buy an instrument, expect to be able to use all it's functions, not just a subset, nor be forced to buy their expensive bloatware apps to use it. Still, HP Benchlink is not ideal either, windows centric, bloatware install, several packages needed, at vast expense. Better to write your own if you can...
Test gear restoration, hardware and software projects...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf