Author Topic: HDD image request. Teledyne LeCroy HDO6104R  (Read 651 times)

Offline MaximplusTopic starter

HDD image request. Teledyne LeCroy HDO6104R
« on: September 23, 2024, 08:57:04 am »
Please help me locate the disk image for the Teledyne LeCroy HDO6104r oscilloscope, which has a Seagate hybrid hard drive installed. The disk has been in use for exactly 10 years since its release date, but it is now not readable or definable.
It was a good instrument, but it died so ingloriously.

Online squadchannel

• Regular Contributor
  • deepl translate user
Re: HDD image request. Teledyne LeCroy HDO6104R
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2024, 09:15:11 am »
I tried to find out about 6104 “R”, but all the results are in Russian.
I think “R” is a Russian exclusive model. I think the equivalent is 6104A.

It is too modern, there are not many broken ones, and there are not many resources. and it is a Russian exclusive model, and I don't know where to get the software.
To begin with, I can't find a Russian language site for Teledyne LeCroy.

Difficult to repair. |O

Contact support and ask them if they can repair it and what the procedure is.
Since it is modern, I believe they still provide support and can request a repair.

The following users thanked this post: Maximplus

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2024, 11:15:57 pm »
This is a Windows scope right? So get a new hard drive, install the OS that runs on the oscilloscope, download the software from Lecroy and install it. When I try to get the firmware for this oscilloscope, I get to download something like 'mauiinstaller.exe'. This is probably also a good time to replace the hard drive with an SSD.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2024, 05:37:55 am »
As said above, standard Windows should install and then you just need the application software which is a standard package from LeCroy directly.  You may lose some of their preset settings or a splash screen, but functionality should be the same.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2024, 02:06:47 pm »
Yes, this is a Windows-based oscilloscope, but it came with "windows embedded". I'm not sure if everything will start with windows 7 or any other. I would be very grateful if you could tell me where to download teledyne lecroy software. And whether it is in the public domain.

Online squadchannel

• Regular Contributor
  • deepl translate user
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2024, 02:30:36 pm »
The “A” model can be downloaded from the official website.
As mentioned above, there are only Russian search results for the “R” model, and I believe this model was sold only in Russia.
Therefore, there is no information on teledynelecroy.com.

You may be able to find it if you go to teledynelecroy's Russian site, but don't even know if a Russian version of the site exists.

I don't know if the software for the “A” model works. The shape is exactly the same, so it might work if you are lucky.
perhaps it can't be installed as incompatible hardware during the installation process.

If you are trying to do a clean install, you have little hope.
You can get someone to get the drivers for you, but it is possible that, like the Tek TDS7K, it may not work just by installing the software.

As mentioned, it is not an old model yet and you may be able to get support for it. You could try contacting the Russian distributor, or through the official website.

mod:
I see now that the non-“A” model has the exact same shape. It must be one or the other.

I do not know if the update files available for download have the drivers, etc. needed to work.
It says that you need to register an account and that the download needs to be reviewed due to US export restrictions. It is up to you to decide if you want to do this.
Now that we are under war, will we get approval? We will have no choice but to have someone download it.

Whether or not "embedded" will affect it will depend on what was customized, but I think it will work most of the time.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 02:48:27 pm by squadchannel »

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, Maximplus

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2024, 02:59:00 pm »
Yes, this is a Windows-based oscilloscope, but it came with "windows embedded". I'm not sure if everything will start with windows 7 or any other. I would be very grateful if you could tell me where to download teledyne lecroy software. And whether it is in the public domain.
The datasheet says Windows 7 so I'd start with a WIndows 7 professional installation and go from there. I would be highly surprised a Russian version would need specific software. Whatever limits are impossed are likely through hardware. When I re-installed my Wavepro 7k, the drivers came with the software. It just needed pointing Windows to the directory with the drivers to install them.

Likely you'll want to disable automatic updates and similar crap to prevent the scope from updating at the most inconvenient moment.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 03:07:16 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online squadchannel

• Regular Contributor
  • deepl translate user
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2024, 03:23:54 pm »
When I re-installed my Wavepro 7k, the drivers came with the software. It just needed pointing Windows to the directory with the drivers to install them.

Then there is still hope; it is either the A or non-A model, so it might be possible if you get the update files for either.

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2024, 03:37:51 pm »

I've done the same on older LeCroy scopes, R&S analyzers, and more.  Bottom line: there is a regular PC on an industrial motherboard in there, so you can install regular Windows on it.  LeCroy makes their main platform software updates free to download from their website, and this platform software includes hardware drivers for their more recent scope models (though older models generally have an extra package available), so finding and getting it shouldn't be a problem, but if it is, it's likely because of sanctions imposed on your country for its role in the current political situation in the region.  If that is the case, you are likely barred from officially acquiring the software for the time being, and it would either take a third party circumventing these sanctions providing it to you (which could get them sanctioned), or if there was someone within the country that had downloaded it prior to the restrictions and was willing to share.

I don't think the A or R is significant in a meaningful way.  There is a chance the software pack differs, but the hardware is almost assuredly identical and the designation is probably for sale specifically in that region.

Online squadchannel

• Regular Contributor
  • deepl translate user
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2024, 03:50:37 pm »
I believe the R model is a rebadge for sure.
I hope it is not affected by serial numbers.

I don't know because I haven't accessed it from other countries, but if you try to download 6000A software from Japan, it asks you to register an account and further states that it needs to be reviewed in terms of export control.

If told the truth (live in Russia) maybe will be denied.

For now, let's download it.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2024, 06:37:44 pm »
Thank you all for your help, I have some hopes for success. For some reason it seemed to me that for sure the manufacturer blocked the installation of the operating system, or made the binding of proprietary software to a certain hardware. I'll be glad to be wrong.
I made an attempt to download from the official website, but it looks like the account was manually checked by the administrator. Let's see what happens. :-BROKE

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 02:31:26 pm »
I managed to revive the oscilloscope! A clean Windows installation and a MAUI installation were the keys to success. Thanks to the forum members, i able to solve this issue. However, there are still some questions regarding the screen resolution, which needs to be adjusted from 1024x768 to 1280x800. I also need to figure out where the calibration coefficients are stored, either on an old disk or in the FPGA itself. Additionally, there is some uncertainty about the Windows version. Win7 or win10 better? 2383399-0

Online squadchannel

• Regular Contributor
  • deepl translate user
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 02:38:29 pm »
Is the display driver working properly?
Are there any unknown devices in the device manager?
If so, what is the hardware ID? I will try to find them.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 03:48:28 pm »
I managed to revive the oscilloscope! A clean Windows installation and a MAUI installation were the keys to success. Thanks to the forum members, i able to solve this issue. However, there are still some questions regarding the screen resolution, which needs to be adjusted from 1024x768 to 1280x800. I also need to figure out where the calibration coefficients are stored, either on an old disk or in the FPGA itself. Additionally, there is some uncertainty about the Windows version. Win7 or win10 better? (Attachment Link)
On my Lecroy Wavepro 7k the calibration is stored on the acquisition board. It would surprise me if Lecroy changed this on newer models as it makes recovery of calibration data after a hard drive failure much more difficult. Stick with Windows 7. The drivers may not even work for Windows10.

Screen resolution is probably a matter of selection a monitor in Windows which supports 1280x800 and then things should work. Maybe there is a monitor driver file in the Lecroy software which has the right resolution.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:50:12 pm by nctnico »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf