Author Topic: Have I been sent a used or refurbished Saelig oscilloscope?  (Read 6609 times)

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
Re: Have I been sent a used or refurbished Saelig oscilloscope?
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2020, 10:09:16 am »
I'm usually more interested in looking very closely at all 8 corners of the box to determine if it has ever been dropped.
Possible drop damage concerns me more than a resealed box form a well known or genuine distributor
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know that I know nothing
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2020, 02:12:23 pm »
concerns me more than a resealed box
of course drop damage is worst than a resealed box.
But that's would be choose the lesser evil.
And a box can also be slammed to the ground on the flat side without leaving a visibile sign on a corner...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 02:16:14 pm by mcinque »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2020, 03:04:15 pm »
And a box can also be slammed to the ground on the flat side without leaving a visibile sign on a corner...

That's every package that's ever been delivered in all of history.

Online tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2020, 03:37:47 pm »
That's every package that's ever been delivered in all of history.

Nahh... That's only true if we exclude the ones that were slammed on the corner.  :D

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2020, 07:43:46 pm »
I'm usually more interested in looking very closely at all 8 corners of the box to determine if it has ever been dropped.
I used to stress about that but after seeing how air and sea freight arrives sometimes I don't so much worry anymore due to how well protected the inside units are these days.

One shipment a year or so back obviously had another pallet stacked on top and I shuddered when first seeing it yet other than crush damage to boxes none were punctured or any of the units physically damaged.
Next shipment contained new boxes from the factory so any that looked second hand could be replaced.

Possible drop damage concerns me more than a resealed box form a well known or genuine distributor.
This is where final delivery service quality matters and why we don't use normal couriers as they consistently seem in too much of a hurry and in little old NZ none of them are large enough to offer anything other than hand sorting in their distribution centers while the NZ parcel post service has an automated sorting system and in 7 years using them not one single unit of 100's and 100's has arrived to customers damaged.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2020, 11:33:08 pm »
i've seen boxes with steel shoe caps passed thru, and my best one is with a fork lift  fork cleanly passed thru  loll

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2020, 01:11:37 am »
And while in my 'zone' doing pre delivery checks on newly arrived stock more reasons for these pre dispatch checks were remembered.
As some products originate from regions where mains voltages are different to the end market it makes total sense they are set accordingly before making their way to the customer and already previously mentioned.
In a recent post here a US member was lucky enough to get an apparently faulty SPD3303X-E yet when setting the correct US mains voltage on the rear input selector there was absolutely nothing wrong with it !  :-DD
His win.  :)

Another some years back was from a customer that had bought a MCH K305D PSU from us and couldn't get any output from it.  :o On inspection of another in stock it was apparent these PSU's are shipped from the factory with their CC control turned to minimum.
Yes, the customers PSU CC control was working just as it should !  :-DD
Still the emails and lost time for us each is a cost and breeds initial mistrust of the instrument that can be totally avoided with a power ON and adjustment of the CC control before dispatch so it works immediately for any buyer.

I now tweak CC controls on all PSU's we sell.  :-/O
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf