Author Topic: Hantek DSO5102P D/C measurements.  (Read 940 times)

Offline chinoyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • RDDreams
Hantek DSO5102P D/C measurements.
« on: February 08, 2023, 06:32:57 am »
Working on discrete voltage regulators and power supply units for audio.

I spent a few weeks trying to build a clean PSU regulated circuit for my pre-amp.
After I figured something was wrong and Ive been chasing my tail. For a few weeks.

Decided to test the scope on a battery. And when I saw the same noise when measuring a bat. Figured its an issue with the scope.
I have a new Hantek DSO5102P (Did not upgrade the firmware / hack).

My problem is I am seeing a 600 millivolt peak to peak when measuring a bat. So the logic of trying to build a clean d/c power supply from audio hits a brick wall here.

What am I doing wrong ?. Unit has been self calibrated multiple times. Probes have been  calibrated multiple times.
I have tried auto set. Manual set. Still I see this peak to peak no matter what bat I try with.

Im thinking I should dig up my old Fluke Scope and see if it reports the same problem.
I have tried with lead acid bat, li-ion bats. No matter what I try. Im seeing this large peak to peak values.

Any tips on how to setup the scope to measure d/c noise. And what is acceptable peak to peak on a d/c line.
Also  if you have any circuits for a discreet 7812 / 7912.
I will try to take some pictures next time Im at the workshop. 

I read on another post to set the signal to a/c if set to a/c this is the results i get.
Note the peak to peak numbers. 
DUT= Li-Ion Bat.
Pic 1 is the result I get if I  click on auto set.

Pic 2 is the result I get if I set coupling to a/c

Video is the result if I set to d/c with 1 volt and I spend a lot of time scrolling to get the line visible. Note the peak to peak number jumping and the noise.
My understanding that a bat should not have noise or peak to peak signals. (Ok video not allowed).

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 12:00:53 pm by chinoy »
Good thoughts, Good deeds, Good words.
All the religion you need in life.

Offline chinoyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • RDDreams
Good thoughts, Good deeds, Good words.
All the religion you need in life.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf