Author Topic: Hantek DSO1200 Handheld DEAD  (Read 7493 times)

Offline tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Hantek DSO1200 Handheld DEAD
« on: May 28, 2014, 01:52:25 am »
Hi all.
A good mate has the above 200 MHz 2 Ch scopemeter. Around 5 years old and his portable goto unit. Dead as a door nail.  :-BROKE

He is quite capable of back engineering it but I thought I would post and see if anybody in EEVblog land has a schematic or has had similar problems and could point us in the right direction. That would save a lot of time.

Yes battery OK, backlight check done (bright torch), and other standard checks done.

It is of 3 PCB construction with the 2 main PCB's stacked with a multi pin connector linking them.
In the process of acquiring matching connectors to build an extender cable, then I have plenty of fine Siglent test gear to then check it with.  :-DD

So if you can point us in the direction of schematics please.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Out of office and unavailable for a few days.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Hantek DSO1200 Handheld DEAD
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:13 am »
There are no any Hantek's schematics available (except these i have drawn, but they not for DSO1200 Handheld).

Wondering a bit, i know DSO1200 and DSO12xxB/V from Hantek, but none of them is multiboard. It is always one huge PCB with DMM\DSO on it, separate keyboard and separate display.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:25:09 am »
There are no any Hantek's schematics available (except these i have drawn, but they not for DSO1200 Handheld).

Wondering a bit, i know DSO1200 and DSO12xxB/V from Hantek, but none of them is multiboard. It is always one huge PCB with DMM\DSO on it, separate keyboard and separate display.

To be honest I have not yet seen it apart but I will go around for a look when his extender cable is made.
The need for the extender cable was so it could be powered and all sides of the PCB's where accessible for probing etc. My buddy said it was not possible to check/trace all button and IC functionality without a cable.
Thanks for your post tinhead
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:14:35 am »
the biggest "problem" with DSO1200 is amount of parts and tools necessary to do deep check. The DMM is using own supply, one can test it with separate power source and check the data coming from (it is FS9922). Near DMM chip there is an MCU, if i'm not wrong it was an STM something. There is JTAG port near that MCU, so esy to check if it's working. Then there is another MCU (using 24MHz crystal, 24ssop) - markings removed of course, but this is usb device so easy to check. There is an FPGAs (with heatsink). It seems to run NIOS i think, at least it does have separate SRAM (2x 256Kx8) for what so ever reason, and it does use shared SDRAM. There is DSP or ARM in TQFP176, using that shared SDRAM as well (64Mb SDRAM). When one look exactly, there are some JTAG ports here and there so not a big deal to check function of all that ICs (it is good that Hantek likes to have JTAG's easy accessible).

All power rails can be easily checked, typical Hantek configuration are bunch of TI ICs, with some 0R at the end of each supply (so one can easily remove them and check supply with no load).

If all that things are ok and still nothing on display, i would say check that NOR memory. All other parts, even that one FPGA are not really important, one will get still something on screen (as long they not shorting rails or bus)
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 11:39:56 am »
Thanks for the overview. It will be useful.

Nearly all the IC's have been "scrubbed", so very few clues remain.

All power rails can be easily checked, typical Hantek configuration are bunch of TI ICs, with some 0R at the end of each supply (so one can easily remove them and check supply with no load).

That is good tip, thanks.

One of the things that surprised/annoyed us there is apparently no regulation for the Li battery charging.  :o
Or did we miss something?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 11:56:15 am »
One of the things that surprised/annoyed us there is apparently no regulation for the Li battery charging.  :o
Or did we miss something?

this is chinese product, there will be an LED and one resistor for that :P

no, seriously, check U3 and U25 on top. Other power rail parts are U18 (TPS54286) / U19 (no idea) on bottom. As well Q18/Q19/u1/u2 combination near power jack. U24 und U5 are probably for some extra voltages, -12V, -8V etc.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 12:12:26 pm »
Thanks tinhead.
You've given us enough to start with and we will work though it and maybe/hopefully not bother you later.  :phew:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 10:20:44 pm »
still fighting?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 12:27:49 am »
still fighting?
My buddy has an industrial control design and build project on that has not let us get back to it in depth.
He has the extender cables made now.
Cursing it as he has had to lug his CRT scope around for his project (lots of critical timing).
But he should get back to it while he is waiting for PCB's to arrive.
Thanks for your concern tinhead.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 08:04:24 pm »
@ tinhead
Been watching WanaGo's threads re Hantek HH's and a question if I may?

You have described hardware versions, do you know of the differences between the HW versions?
As they might be relevant to this thread.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:37:15 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 10:39:06 pm »
no, i don't know the diff between these 3 revisions os DSO1000S models, but believe me, they not relevant to DSO1000 models (as they complettly different, oh well, except enclosure which is why ppl think they similar - but they not, not even a bit).

Offline vinayst

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 03:59:48 pm »
We have a 14 months old DSO1062BV that wont start, when we connect it to battery or Power adapter. All it does is make a "TRRRRK" chatter under the cans.
This Unit was earlier repaired under warrenty for the same issue and checked after repair to be running OK, now it has not been used in last 4 months and has developed the same issue.

Any idea where to start since the dealer is absolutely useless and will not honor his own repair warrenty and is pretty useless.
Thanks for any pointer towards repairing the same

Vinay

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf