Author Topic: hantek DSO 8060 - Noisy channels  (Read 5922 times)

Offline KTyTopic starter

• !
hantek DSO 8060 - Noisy channels
« on: May 19, 2013, 06:24:58 am »
Hi guys,

I used to have an Owon HDS2062; I really liked it. It last approx 5 years, in the end it was hard to boot, then eventually the main FPGA gave up. :-//

Anyway, I just decided to give it a shot at the DSO 8060, mainly because I liked/needed its basic signal generator capability. Well, now I am bit nervous as the noise of the signals is clearly a problem.
I would not say I regularly need the accuracy, but it is just not right on a plain new equipment to have such noise + offsets, especially channel 2... :palm:

So I am not sure what to do... firmware 1.28, hardware 10.7.50.0.0, serial DSO0803792.
I have mailed hantek and the seller, but I would like to ask you guys if you had any idea/workaround/fix ? ::)

I have attached some pictures for you to see. I am not really positive as I could find here http://www.hantek.org/asken/iaskdetail.aspx?id=2013051509073817 a guy having similar issue with a DSO 1060 (which share probably most of the hardware).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 06:26:54 am by KTy »

Offline Kilgore

Re: hantek DSO 8060 - Noisy channels
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:19:20 pm »
I ran across this post when researching a cheap portable scope for my business.  I  am replying now that I bought one and had a chance to use it a bit, even though the OP is a year old.

First, hi to everyone here, I've been reading this forum and watching EEVblog videos for the past few months, great site.

I also have very similar results on channel 2, even after updating the firmware to v1.29.  The scope operated the same as far as I can tell  with the shipped v1.28, and Hantek provided no documentation on what v1.29 does.  The performance of channel 2 wasn't a deal breaker for me, as I don't often use the 2nd channel, and the Hantek DS0-8060 was much cheaper than having my original Fluke Scopemeter being replaced after repeated abuse by the airlines and TSA (as they usually pointed the fingers at each other over damaging it. I think the Samsonite Gorilla got a hold of it more than once!)

I got this scope pretty cheap, just over $400, and the built in generator was also a plus for me to keep the equipment travel weight down.  I already used the gen once on a job to simulate an encoder input from rotary machinery that was shut down during troubleshooting.   The scope already paid for itself from my point of view, since a single visit to a customer costs thousands of dollars.  Also, I don't need any amazing bandwidth or accuracy, just something to basically show me if a signal is present on relatively low speed, low voltage PLC.   

I don't plan on tearing it apart in the near future, since it's for business, sorry, but thought that I would post to the OP if he/she is still around as a thanks and some feedback.  In short, YES, it is not only your scope doing this.

PS: I realize this scope is dated, not the greatest, and all that, but as I said, it fits my portable needs at the right price.  It would be cheaper to have to replace something like this occasionally than have another nice portable scope trashed due to travel wear and tear.  Oh, and the meter function sucks, but I carry a separate multimeter anyway.  I would probably use the meter function only as a backup, like if my multimeter battery was dead, or the meter stolen.  (I had that also happen in the past with a nice Fluke Scopemeter, hopefully this is not such an attractive target!)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf