Author Topic: Hantek 6074BD  (Read 1878 times)

Offline CarecaIIITopic starter

Hantek 6074BD
« on: April 12, 2020, 08:58:06 pm »
Hi.

I purchased a Hantek 6074BD for 180 euros against the 250 euros it is sold here in Italy.

I'm worried that it only has 64KB and then occupies two USB ports and my laptop only has 2 USBs.
In your opinion, is it a good purchase as a first oscilloscope or could I find better?
Do you have any model to recommend?

Thank you.

Online gf

• Super Contributor
Re: Hantek 6074BD
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:42:40 pm »
Well, it is a DSO with basic functionality, and it even does display signals. The built-in AWG basically works too, within the limits of its design. Despite various deficiencies I can live with the device. I got what I paid for (~140€ about two years ago), so I must not complain. Of course you can always find better ones. Even if you already own a $10,000 model from a prominent brand, you still can find better (and more expensive) ones. You can only expect advise, if you can clearly specify your requirent. Nobody can know what you need and what you want to do with it. And your budget will certainly play a role too. Now that you have it anyway, why not just test it and judge yourself? Either it is OK for you, or it is not.

If you do know that 64k points sample memory won't suffice for your use case, you should not have ordered it in the first place (but if you don't know, then you probably don't need it - at least not yet). And if two occupied USB ports are not an option for you at all, you should not have ordered it either (in the handbook which is available for download this was well visible in advance).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 03:45:53 pm by gf »

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 06:10:20 pm »
Thank you for your answer.

As specified, the purchase I made primarily for the price on offer, then I realized the need to occupy 2 USB ports and 64K memory.
As I am still in time to apply the right of withdrawal, I would like to be sure of what I have in my hands.

For example, I have seen that many people recommend the Rigol 1054Z as an entry level oscilloscope.
Is yhe Hantek that I bought comparable with the characteristics of the Rigo? (unless of course being USB and having a signal generator)

The budget is max 400 euros.

Thank you.

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 07:06:21 pm »
Checkout this video.

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 07:56:06 am »
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, almost all of these software are not compatible with the 6074BD.

Online gf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 01:35:09 pm »
The 6022BE is very popular, I guess mostly due to the price, but also due to the fact that it was reverse engineered by the community and open source software is available. The 6xx4BD models play in a different league (1GSPS, 4CH) of course. But IMO 6xx4BD models are rather exotic. Seems that only few forum users own them (maybe they are more popular in China?), while there are for instance many Rigol DS1054Z users around.

Is yhe Hantek that I bought comparable with the characteristics of the Rigo? (unless of course being USB and having a signal generator)

The 6xx4BD hardware is probably better than its reputation (within the specified bounds). But I'm not convinced by the range of functions, quality and user experience of the software. My impression is that the manufacturer tends to deliver 90% solutions, but tries to avoid spending the expenses to finish/fix the remaining 10%. As said, I can still live with my 6074BD. I'm aware of a couple of flaws and have a clue how to work around them, but overall I'm not so convinced that I would recommend it to others, who are probably not willing to live with workarounds.

gf

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 11:27:45 pm »
Can you tell me about these flaws and how to get around them? Thank you.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf