Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE Windows 7 drivers?  (Read 8226 times)

Offline usaoTopic starter

Hantek 6022BE Windows 7 drivers?
« on: October 30, 2015, 06:39:42 am »
Im not able to get the Hantek 6022BE to install drivers on Windows 7.
I try the driver install from the driver download, but Windows just sais it's un-recognized.
Any suggestions on how to get a working driver for Windows 7?

Online vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
Re: Hantek 6022BE Windows 7 drivers?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 12:27:44 pm »
Search for Hantek 6022BE on this forum---there is quite a lot of information in several threads.

Offline usaoTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 01:02:48 pm »
I try the driver install from the driver download, but Windows just sais it's un-recognized.

The device is probably drawing too much current that USB can provide, so Vbus is below the device's minimum operating point.

I had the same problem with my Owon VDS3102L, until I bought it a much better USB cable.
They supplied a dual USB cable (with both black and red ends). I plugged both in to my windows 7 laptop, and it does recognize a device under the windows device manager.
However, all attempts to load a device driver for this "unknown" device have failed. It doesn't recognize the drive folder as containing any valid drivers.

Offline John_ITIC

• Frequent Contributor
  • ITIC Protocol Analyzers
    • International Test Instruments Corporation
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 09:54:35 pm »
If windows says the device is "unrecognized" then it means the device did not respond with its vendor ID and Device ID when requested by the host. Check in the Windows device manager; if the VID/PID is reported as 0000/0000 or the like then there is something wrong with your device or the cable is bad. If your device works with another PC then check the voltage coming out of the non-working PCs USB port; it may be lower than on the working PC. The USB standard says that the USB voltage could be much lower than 5.0V and still be valid; perhaps your device doesn't handle the lower bus voltage properly.

If everything else fails; buy a USB Protocol Analyzer. It will tell you exactly what the cause of the failed enumeration is.
Pocket-Sized USB 2.0 LS/FS/HS Protocol Analyzer Model 1480A with OTG decoding.
Pocket-sized PCI Express 1.1 Protocol Analyzer Model 2500A. 2.5 Gbps with x1, x2 and x4 lane widths.
https://www.internationaltestinstruments.com

Offline OldSchoolTechCorner

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 11:11:07 pm »

The device is probably drawing too much current that USB can provide, so Vbus is below the device's minimum operating point.

I had the same problem with my Owon VDS3102L, until I bought it a much better USB cable.
They supplied a dual USB cable (with both black and red ends). I plugged both in to my windows 7 laptop, and it does recognize a device under the windows device manager.
However, all attempts to load a device driver for this "unknown" device have failed. It doesn't recognize the drive folder as containing any valid drivers.

You more likely need a power hub and power supply to power hub, maybe not as big as the one under my bench. But laptops generally don't meet the 500ma per port required to power it.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 11:13:51 pm by OldSchoolTechCorner »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf