Author Topic: Help Pick A Scope Right For Me  (Read 13566 times)

Offline meltbox360Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: Help Pick A Scope Right For Me
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2013, 01:39:32 am »
Alright I can get the Instek for a bit under $500 shipped so I am tempted. However I must also say that it says free shipping and they are charging for shipping when I try to order... hmmm. Maybe because I got a quote? Ahhh  :scared: I'm so hopelessly torn. Instek seems like the Tektronix of budget scope land. Better but more expensive. Just wish they made the menu possible to hide :rant:. But it has non overclocked ADC chips and doesn't seem to have the ground noise problem that Owon has from its power supply. Also seems it is quite solidly built and has some sort of official warranty although it SHOULD NOT  :-- have the word lifetime in it...

Anyone want to try to convince me that I should buy something else than the Instek. I am all ears, otherwise I think I'll be buying it very soon. Thanks.

Offline meltbox360Topic starter

• Contributor
Re: Help Pick A Scope Right For Me
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 12:28:42 am »
Been using it for a little while and honestly the only thing that bothers me is the menu stays on the screen and sometimes you wish you had just a bit more space to work with. Ahh well. Great scope otherwise. Well enough designed UI since I learned to use it with no tutorials or instructions except probe calibration stuff. I'm happy. Thanks again everyone for the input.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf