Author Topic: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope  (Read 1596103 times)

Dimitrius76 and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Hacking the Rigol DHO800/900 Scope
« Reply #1825 on: February 29, 2024, 06:03:30 pm »
Did you edit the colors xml file?
Edit "yellow" at the bottom of the doc.
Yes, I tried to do this at the very beginning of my attempts to change something in the application :)
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-rigol-dho800900-scope/msg5348603/#msg5348603
Which item specifically did you edit, can you share that line here.
I'll look for trace color variable.

If you want to change the icons and such being used, just edit the images (attached)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:14:09 pm by Randy222 »

The following users thanked this post: norbert.kiszka

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1826 on: February 29, 2024, 06:19:19 pm »
Did you edit the colors xml file?
Edit "yellow" at the bottom of the doc.
Yes, I tried to do this at the very beginning of my attempts to change something in the application :)
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hacking-the-rigol-dho800900-scope/msg5348603/#msg5348603
This xml calls out "<stroke android:width="1.0dip" android:color="@color/bg_channel1_color" />"
Edit this entry in the colors.xml file <color name="bg_channel1_color">#fff1e504</color>

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:21:28 pm by Randy222 »

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1827 on: February 29, 2024, 06:24:19 pm »
I tried changing this value:
<color name="yellow">#ffffff00</color>
And this:
<color name="chan1">@color/yellow</color>

If you want to change the icons and such being used, just edit the images (attached)
Yes, I've seen it all before. But some (rather most) images in .xml files are in SVG format, and I haven’t figured out how to easily change them yet :)

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1828 on: February 29, 2024, 06:28:07 pm »
I dont remember who did one-line measurements, but somebody uploaded it somewhere?

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1829 on: February 29, 2024, 06:36:17 pm »
And this:

Yes, I've seen it all before. But some (rather most) images in .xml files are in SVG format, and I haven’t figured out how to easily change them yet :)
the @ sign is a symbol for "reference", it refers back to the already defined color yellow by name, <color name="yellow">#fff1e504</color>, this way they can define more variables that map back to the same color definition, etc. Don't change any of the entries that use @

You need to edit the other entry in colors.xml file, I listed it. It appears more bad coding on Rigol part, why they use two variable, one for line color and one for button color? One color definition is all that's needed. Maybe the $4000 scopes allow you to set both button and line color? Recall much of the DHO800-900 code comes from other dev work.

As mattert of fact, you can make it a one color reference, just change <color name="bg_channel1_color">#fff1e504</color> to <color name="bg_channel1_color">@color/yellow</color>, so when you change <color name="yellow">#fff1e504</color> then both button and line change to that color.

They are using android.graphics.color scheme, a decimal value converted as hex in the xml.

The other color definition in other xml file <stroke android:width="1.0dip" android:color="@color/bg_channel1_color" /> is the yellow color being used for line (should be), it refers back to the colors.xml file, etc, so be sure the color you want is an android.graphics.color decimal value converted back to hex.

See --> https://convertingcolors.com/android-color-4294042884.html?search=Android(4294042884)
when you change value on webpage the top section of the page becomes that color.

If you want to preserve Rigol data, just make your own color by name entry, something like <color name="my_ch1_color">#00ffff00</color>, then change the other two referencing entries to use "@color/my_ch1_color", <color name="chan1">@color/my_ch1_color</color>. It's that simple.
If you want me to write a bash script to mod that file using color values as args, I can do that, but I think 1st step is to manually try your edits to see results.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:57:59 pm by Randy222 »

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1830 on: February 29, 2024, 06:40:29 pm »
I dont remember who did one-line measurements, but somebody uploaded it somewhere?
Not yet, but I can post it if needed. I'm still trying to finish displaying the probe attenuation in the channel icons.

The following users thanked this post: Obiwantje

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1831 on: February 29, 2024, 06:49:10 pm »
the @ sign is a symbol for "reference", it refers back to the already defined color/yellow, this way they can define more variables that map back to the same color definition, etc. Don't change any of the entries that use @

You need to edit the other entry in colors.xml file, I listed it. It appears more bad coding on Rigol part, why they use two variable, one for line color and one for button color? One color definition is all that's needed.
As mattert of fact, you can make it a one color reference, just change <color name="bg_channel1_color">#fff1e504</color> to <color name="bg_channel1_color">@color/yellow</color>, so when you change <color name="yellow">#00ffff00</color> then both button and line change to that color.
I already know everything you wrote :) I would advise you to change the color of the trace of any channel yourself and share your experience of what and where you changed to achieve the result. Because I couldn’t change the color of the track, no matter what I changed. Only the color of the icon and other interface elements changes, but not the trace.

They are using android.graphics.color scheme, a decimal value converted as hex in the xml.

The other color definition is the yellow color being used for line (should be), so be sure the color you want is an android.graphics.color decimal value converted back to hex.

See --> https://convertingcolors.com/android-color-4294042884.html?search=Android(4294042884)
when you change value on webpage the top section of the page becomes that color.
I am familiar with hexadecimal notation and methods for encoding colors at different depths.

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1832 on: February 29, 2024, 07:04:13 pm »
the @ sign is a symbol for "reference", it refers back to the already defined color/yellow, this way they can define more variables that map back to the same color definition, etc. Don't change any of the entries that use @

You need to edit the other entry in colors.xml file, I listed it. It appears more bad coding on Rigol part, why they use two variable, one for line color and one for button color? One color definition is all that's needed.
As mattert of fact, you can make it a one color reference, just change <color name="bg_channel1_color">#fff1e504</color> to <color name="bg_channel1_color">@color/yellow</color>, so when you change <color name="yellow">#00ffff00</color> then both button and line change to that color.
I already know everything you wrote :) I would advise you to change the color of the trace of any channel yourself and share your experience of what and where you changed to achieve the result. Because I couldn’t change the color of the track, no matter what I changed. Only the color of the icon and other interface elements changes, but not the trace.

The other color definition is the yellow color being used for line (should be), so be sure the color you want is an android.graphics.color decimal value converted back to hex.

I am familiar with hexadecimal notation and methods for encoding colors at different depths.

But I asked you what did you change, you did not list <color name="bg_channel1_color">#fff1e504</color>, so I ask again, what did you change, or not change?
If you changed "<color name="chan1">@color/yellow</color>", what exactly did you change it to? No need to change the reference entry, etc.
Code: [Select]
And this:

I didn't say you needed to know how to convert to hex, I said the entries being used are encoded hex from decimal values of android.graphics.color map. If you know that already, then good, other readers might not have known that. Most don't know that android.graphics.color(4294967040) is a pee yellow color ;)

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 07:15:43 pm by Randy222 »

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1833 on: February 29, 2024, 07:14:33 pm »
Not yet, but I can post it if needed. I'm still trying to finish displaying the probe attenuation in the channel icons.

BTW. print screen key on USB keyboard works. File path and name for example: [last file system]/media/0/Screenshots/Screenshot_20130118-090648.png

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1834 on: February 29, 2024, 07:22:14 pm »

BTW. print screen key on USB keyboard works. File path and name for example: [last file system]/media/0/Screenshots/Screenshot_20130118-090648.png
Having image data stuck on the scope has limited use. Would be easy to use 'toybox nc' to copy the newly created images that show up in that media location to some other location on network, like a nas attached to windows or something..

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1835 on: February 29, 2024, 07:31:50 pm »

Having image data stuck on the scope has limited use. Would be easy to use 'toybox nc' to copy the newly created images that show up in that media location to some other location on network, like a nas attached to windows or something..

In Android settings probably, we can change this locaction.

If ssh works, then maybe also sshfs which can be mounted on external Linux machine and offcourse it will be visible locally like any other mounted file system. Dont know if sshfs works at Windows.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:28:25 pm by norbert.kiszka »

The following users thanked this post: Randy222

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1836 on: February 29, 2024, 07:33:25 pm »
But I asked you what did you change, you did not list <color name="bg_channel1_color">#fff1e504</color>, so I ask again, what did you change, or not change?
If you search the code, you can see that this color alias only applies to a couple of labels :)

If you changed "<color name="chan1">@color/yellow</color>", what exactly did you change it to? No need to change the reference entry, etc.
Changed it to a constant value of white color.

Yep, I already tried that :)

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1837 on: February 29, 2024, 07:37:31 pm »
Speaking of print-screens I forgot to mention, I rewrited my *-nix script (make and save screenshot on external computer) to work with other scopes and I tested it on 924S.

https://github.com/norbertkiszka/rigol-screenshot

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1838 on: February 29, 2024, 07:40:18 pm »
Having image data stuck on the scope has limited use.
Well, I don’t know, I’m fine using images on an oscilloscope :)

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1839 on: February 29, 2024, 08:19:46 pm »
They're not really stuck once you use a tool to get them. ;)
Another way of saying it, without using a tool the images are stuck on the scope, there's no option in Util icon that says "move my images to FTP server", or something like that, etc.

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1840 on: February 29, 2024, 08:27:08 pm »
They're not really stuck once you use a tool to get them. ;)
Another way of saying it, without using a tool the images are stuck on the scope, there's no option in Util icon that says "move my images to FTP server", or something like that, etc.

You can make a script on server/computer to download/synchronize those files. Script can be executed by hand, by cron or in a loop. To copy and preserve date&time, You can use
rsync -av source destination
FTP or SSHFS or whatever. Maybe on scope side instead.

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1841 on: February 29, 2024, 08:32:39 pm »
You can make a script on server/computer to download/synchronize those files. Script can be executed by hand, by cron or in a loop. To copy and preserve date&time, You can use
There is no rsync command in the oscilloscope system :)

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1842 on: February 29, 2024, 08:34:41 pm »
If you search the code, you can see that this color alias only applies to a couple of labels :)

If you changed "<color name="chan1">@color/yellow</color>[/b][/color]", what exactly did you change it to? No need to change the reference entry, etc.
Changed it to a constant value of white color.

Yep, I already tried that :)

You changed <color name="chan1">@color/yellow</color> to <color name="chan1">@color/white</color> ?
I guess that still works because a color with name "white" is defined, but that's the button color.
Also, you should not change any of the reference entries.

Next is, refences to "yellow" color in the colors.xml file comes from all sorts of files

[roott@localhost Sparrow]# find . -type f 2>/dev/null -exec grep -b "yellow" ${PWD} {} \;
./res/layout/activity_screen_saver.xml:746:            <TextView android:textSize="72.0sp" android:textColor="@color/yellow" android:id="@id/main_ad_textview" android:tag="binding_2" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
./res/color/keyboard_tvtextcolor_selector.xml:111:    <item android:state_pressed="true" android:color="@color/coldyellow" />
./res/color/keyboard_tvtextcolor_selector.xml:187:    <item android:state_focused="true" android:color="@color/coldyellow" />
./res/values/colors.xml:3135:    <color name="chan1">@color/yellow</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:3448:    <color name="coldyellow">#ffffe200</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:9792:    <color name="light_goldenrod_yellow">#fffafad2</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:10298:    <color name="light_yellow">#ffffffe0</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:16700:    <color name="yellow">#00ffff00</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:16743:    <color name="yellow_green">#ff9acd32</color>
./res/values/public.xml:125946:    <public type="color" name="coldyellow" id="0x7f06004f" />
./res/values/public.xml:134262:    <public type="color" name="light_goldenrod_yellow" id="0x7f0600c4" />
./res/values/public.xml:134918:    <public type="color" name="light_yellow" id="0x7f0600ce" />
./res/values/public.xml:148405:    <public type="color" name="yellow" id="0x7f060187" />
./res/values/public.xml:148463:    <public type="color" name="yellow_green" id="0x7f060188" />
./res/values/public.xml:252635:    <public type="drawable" name="bg_yellow_line_menu" id="0x7f0803fa" />
./smali/androidx/constraintlayout/core/widgets/analyzer/DependencyGraph.smali:119869:    const-string v4, " BGCOLOR=\"yellow\" "
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:5472:.field public static final coldyellow:I = 0x7f06004f
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:12852:.field public static final light_goldenrod_yellow:I = 0x7f0600c4
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:13428:.field public static final light_yellow:I = 0x7f0600ce
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:25435:.field public static final yellow:I = 0x7f060187
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:25485:.field public static final yellow_green:I = 0x7f060188
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$drawable.smali:13406:.field public static final bg_yellow_line_menu:I = 0x7f0803fa

And we have back references to just color names too, this one bg_yellow_line_menu.xml seems like it's related to line draw for ch1
roott@localhost Sparrow]# find . -type f 2>/dev/null -exec grep -b "bg_channel1_color" ${PWD} {} \;
./res/drawable/bg_yellow_line_menu.xml:148:    <stroke android:width="1.0dip" android:color="@color/bg_channel1_color" />
./res/values/colors.xml:1393:    <color name="bg_channel1_color">#fff1e504</color>
./res/values/public.xml:123342:    <public type="color" name="bg_channel1_color" id="0x7f060029" />
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:3172:.field public static final bg_channel1_color:I = 0x7f060029
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:45:28 pm by Randy222 »

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1843 on: February 29, 2024, 08:49:56 pm »
you changed <color name="chan1">@color/yellow</color> to <color name="chan1">@color/white</color> ?
I wrote it - to a constant value, and not to a link. That is, to
<color name="chan1">#ffffffff</color>
Next is, refences to "yellow" color in the colors.xml file comes from all sorts of files

[roott@localhost Sparrow]# find . -type f 2>/dev/null -exec grep -b "yellow" ${PWD} {} \;
./res/layout/activity_screen_saver.xml:746:            <TextView android:textSize="72.0sp" android:textColor="@color/yellow" android:id="@id/main_ad_textview" android:tag="binding_2" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
./res/color/keyboard_tvtextcolor_selector.xml:111:    <item android:state_pressed="true" android:color="@color/coldyellow" />
./res/color/keyboard_tvtextcolor_selector.xml:187:    <item android:state_focused="true" android:color="@color/coldyellow" />
./res/values/colors.xml:3135:    <color name="chan1">@color/yellow</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:3448:    <color name="coldyellow">#ffffe200</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:9792:    <color name="light_goldenrod_yellow">#fffafad2</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:10298:    <color name="light_yellow">#ffffffe0</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:16700:    <color name="yellow">#00ffff00</color>
./res/values/colors.xml:16743:    <color name="yellow_green">#ff9acd32</color>
./res/values/public.xml:125946:    <public type="color" name="coldyellow" id="0x7f06004f" />
./res/values/public.xml:134262:    <public type="color" name="light_goldenrod_yellow" id="0x7f0600c4" />
./res/values/public.xml:134918:    <public type="color" name="light_yellow" id="0x7f0600ce" />
./res/values/public.xml:148405:    <public type="color" name="yellow" id="0x7f060187" />
./res/values/public.xml:148463:    <public type="color" name="yellow_green" id="0x7f060188" />
./res/values/public.xml:252635:    <public type="drawable" name="bg_yellow_line_menu" id="0x7f0803fa" />
./smali/androidx/constraintlayout/core/widgets/analyzer/DependencyGraph.smali:119869:    const-string v4, " BGCOLOR=\"yellow\" "
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:5472:.field public static final coldyellow:I = 0x7f06004f
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:12852:.field public static final light_goldenrod_yellow:I = 0x7f0600c4
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:13428:.field public static final light_yellow:I = 0x7f0600ce
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:25435:.field public static final yellow:I = 0x7f060187
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali:25485:.field public static final yellow_green:I = 0x7f060188
./smali/com/rigol/scope/R$drawable.smali:13406:.field public static final bg_yellow_line_menu:I = 0x7f0803fa
In the example you gave there is not a single mention of bg_channel1_color , which you so persistently wrote to me about :)
I repeat - first try changing the color of the trace on your oscilloscope yourself. I think you will find that this is more difficult to do than you imagine.

Online shapirus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1844 on: February 29, 2024, 08:54:04 pm »
there's also no less which is ridiculous and annoying. it should be easy, however, to install busybox there, which contains all those small utilities.
same for rsync actually.

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1845 on: February 29, 2024, 09:10:49 pm »
there's also no less which is ridiculous and annoying. it should be easy, however, to install busybox there, which contains all those small utilities.
same for rsync actually.
And he stands there :)

Offline norbert.kiszka

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1846 on: February 29, 2024, 09:13:22 pm »

rsync can be used on other side and get files via sshd. Same as scp command.

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1847 on: February 29, 2024, 09:16:29 pm »
In the example you gave there is not a single mention of bg_channel1_color , which you so persistently wrote to me about :)
I repeat - first try changing the color of the trace on your oscilloscope yourself. I think you will find that this is more difficult to do than you imagine.
I gave the exact back reference in my post, see attached
Duly noted, this color may just be line color for the ch menus.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<shape
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <corners android:radius="3.0dip" />
    <stroke android:width="1.0dip" android:color="@color/bg_channel1_color" />
    <solid android:color="@color/black" />
</shape>
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 09:22:32 pm by Randy222 »

Offline AndyBig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1848 on: February 29, 2024, 09:29:06 pm »
I gave the exact back reference in my post, see attached
Duly noted, this color may just be line color for the ch menus.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<shape
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <corners android:radius="3.0dip" />
    <stroke android:width="1.0dip" android:color="@color/bg_channel1_color" />
    <solid android:color="@color/black" />
</shape>
Ok, I'm looking forward to a screenshot with green/red/brown, etc. track :)

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1849 on: February 29, 2024, 09:30:21 pm »
Also take a look here
Sparrow/smali/com/rigol/scope/R$color.smali

lots of color definitions in that file too.

[roott@localhost scope]# grep "7f060029" "R\$color.smali"
.field public static final bg_channel1_color:I = 0x7f060029
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 09:36:25 pm by Randy222 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf