Author Topic: Issues with Tequipment  (Read 1805 times)

Offline unmaker

• Contributor
Re: Issues with Tequipment
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2024, 11:10:30 pm »
What do you mean by "these situations"?

The ones described by the OP and KungFuJosh where there is an issue with product and the response is unhelpful and confrontational.  Maybe they hired some reps that used to work in the airline industry.

My issue with them was in 2018. It sounds like they got worse since then. They were so special that they told me I would get a 25% restocking fee if I shipped it back in the manufacturer's packaging...the same packaging they used to send it to me in the first place.

Part of my issue with them was they tried to sell me an open box scope as new.

That's really crappy. I'm a bit shocked your experience was that poor.

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2024, 11:17:36 pm »
That's really crappy. I'm a bit shocked your experience was that poor.

So was I! 🤣🤣🤣

I wouldn't have ever remembered shopping with them if it wasn't so absurd.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline awakephd

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2024, 01:50:26 pm »
Yikes - I wish I had read all of this before I ordered from them. I *did* get my SDS804X from them, and it arrived properly packaged, complete, and working, though it did take around 3 weeks - but to be fair, everyone else seemed to be back-ordered at that point as well. The main reason I ordered from them was that they were the ones I happened to connect with first, and they had been very prompt in responding with quotes. I debated going with Saelig after learning more here on the forum, since I had the impression they were perhaps the more "official" channel ... but it felt kinda improper to have gotten quotes from TE and then turn around and buy from someone else. Next time, however ...

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2024, 04:01:23 pm »
Saelig is by far better from what everybody says. There's also an EEVblog discount code.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline watchmaker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self Study in EE
    • Precision Timepiece Restoration and Service
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2024, 06:59:44 pm »
Yikes - I wish I had read all of this before I ordered from them. I *did* get my SDS804X from them, and it arrived properly packaged, complete, and working, though it did take around 3 weeks - but to be fair, everyone else seemed to be back-ordered at that point as well. The main reason I ordered from them was that they were the ones I happened to connect with first, and they had been very prompt in responding with quotes. I debated going with Saelig after learning more here on the forum, since I had the impression they were perhaps the more "official" channel ... but it felt kinda improper to have gotten quotes from TE and then turn around and buy from someone else. Next time, however ...

Business is business.  You are not planning on marrying them.  I got my SDS804 from Saelig for $410 USD, shipped.  I ordered it on 3 July, told me they were getting ahipment after the 4th and I had it on the 9th.

Just for future readers; my mpost does not do much for you.
Regards,

Dewey

Offline rvalente

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2024, 07:52:03 pm »
Two years ago I imported a hipot equipment from them, as I live in Brazil importing taxes are heavy unless you use a broker and make your importing formal.

Being in business for a while I contacted my FeDex Broker, opened the AirWay Bill and was very explicit for them while filling the FedEx form to check 'broker option', which they did not.

Parcel arrived as informal and I paid about $185 USD more in taxes because of this little mistake.

I reached them and them knowing I was outside of US just gave me a banana. Not cool and expensive

Next importing I used the Farnell local rep, things where not as fast, but was cheaper and with national warranty.

I'm never buying from them again

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf