Author Topic: GW instek GOS-622g supply missing  (Read 228 times)

Offline mecoTopic starter

GW instek GOS-622g supply missing
« on: September 25, 2024, 11:08:43 am »
Hi
i have an oscilloscope model GW instek GOS-622G that its Supply is missing and i dont know What can i do
i know that supply output goes to Socket J605 but i dont know Voltage ? AC or DC ? and Amper ? is there any information or service Circuit for that ?

is there any body have same oscilloscope or Know anything about this model ?

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: GW instek GOS-622g supply missing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2024, 11:55:00 am »
This video seems to show a multi winding transformer connecting to J605.  It is hard to read in the video, but I think that is the label near the connector.

While he does open the scope up the video, there is not enough info shown to know the voltages needed.
You could try leaving a comment on the video to see if he still has the scope and can measure the voltages (video is 10 years old...).

You you could also trace the circuits near J605 to see what the voltage rails seem to be - i.e. rectifiers and regulators.
I did seem to see a 6.3V label on the transformer, so at least one of the windings would be 6.3V AC - very common in older gear.

Actually, I found a schematic here for that series of scope: https://elektrotanya.com/gw-instek_gos-620_gos-630.pdf/download.html
It shows the windings and wire colors on page 11, but doesn't call out all the voltages.  You can likely work them out (from the labelled rectified & regulated PSU outputs), but note that some are high voltages so you need to be careful.

If you don't have a suitable transformer, then this is probably scrap as it would not be worth spending much money getting it working.
Maybe your best bet is to try find a faulty one selling cheap that may have a good transformer.

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2024, 02:47:54 pm »
Hi

i download that schematic an some Other models but all of them was diferent of this model

this one just have only 1 empty soket J605 yhat have 2 pin ond other voltage build in the bord that j605 is on it so its suply must have just 2 wire
in the all of schematic that i cheeck them have not J605 soket and at the input have a multi output trans bus this one is not like them

nearby J605 have 2 neon lamp and a J603 socket that transfer multi voltage to main board ( +12 / -12 / +5 / GND / +185 volt ) and L604 ( GND / GND / +5 ) so i think J605 must be main input voltage

Offline Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2024, 04:25:01 pm »
Can you show a photo of that section of the PCB?

Is there a place for mounting a transformer like shown in the video?

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2024, 05:24:31 pm »
hi again

you were right
I search again and i found a video from a rusian guy that have problem with 622 suply link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0H8u5zUrKA&pp=ygUIZ29zLTYyMmc%3D

i see some part of that and find onother empty socket named "J601 that must be from transformer and now i am sure that the supply is a multi input and output transformer
multi input isnt important but i must find the tru voltage and places
but still i need more data about output voltage

Offline Kean

• Supporter
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2024, 05:53:16 pm »
That looks like a similar transformer, but the wire colours on the connector do seem to be different.
And it connects to a different place on the PCB, so apparently that model is different to the others in the series.  I'd still expect similar power requirements.

Unfortunately it is a very old scope, so maybe not too many in use now.  But keep searching... amazing how much info is there to be found.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf