Author Topic: TDS3034C does it have a clock/ram battery?  (Read 179 times)

Offline PwrElectronicsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
TDS3034C does it have a clock/ram battery?
« on: July 19, 2024, 03:20:27 pm »
Recently got a used TDS3034C that was in unknown working condition.  Seems to work so far.  Does it have a clock/ram battery that should be changed out as preventative maintenance?  I have read the earlier versions have one of those Dallas clock chips in them.  Well aware of those from old PC's...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 03:22:17 pm by PwrElectronics »

Offline PwrElectronicsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: TDS3034C does it have a clock/ram battery?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2024, 02:11:41 pm »
Ok, answered my question.

This does have a Dallas DS1742W-150 in it.

I actually acquired 2 of these.  One seemed to work fine.  One had obvious damage, the BNC and ground stud on the back were bent sideways and things rattled a little.  Drop damage likely.  I powered it up and got a white screen.  Elected to take that one apart to investigate.

The sheet metal was bent up inside around those 2 protruding items.  Easy enough to straighten.  The rattling was some broken off plastic bits.  Also noticed the shield over the inputs was dislodged a little and had to be snapped back in place.  But, the root cause of the white screen seems to have been a ribbon cable between the power supply board and main board was popped off.  On reassembly, made sure everything was in place.  It now boots up and seems to be working.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf