Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 823595 times)

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #2400 on: September 16, 2024, 06:03:44 pm »
I can also ask for modification of the Loader program.  This is byte 32, sector 710 of the configuration.  Marked with orange color on the picture.  2bit if it is 1, the oscilloscope will start with the selection menu.  Bits 1 and 0. I decide what starts.  0 peco firmware, 1 fnirsi firmware, 2 Fel mode.  Example if the number 5 is there - the selection menu will be displayed and the fnirsi firmware will start.  If the number 1 is there, fnirsi will start, but the choice option will not be displayed.  And so on.  Place a 3 dot menu where bits 0 and 1 will be changed, to each dot the inscription Peco firmware, Fnirsi firmware, Fel mode, and a shortcut shelf that will set bit3, next to the shortcut shelf the inscription: displays the menu at startup.  Of course, first load the configuration, if the bits change, write the new configuration. You know how it's supposed to work.
I hope I described it well.  Thank you
I suppose you mean next values for byte 32 of sector 710:
0x00 (0b00000000) - Peco FW, Boot menu not displayed
0x01 (0b00000001) - Fnirsi FW, Boot menu not displayed
0x02 (0b00000010) - FEL Mode, Boot menu not displayed
0x04 (0b00000100) - Peco FW, Boot menu displayed
0x05 (0b00000101) - Fnirsi FW, Boot menu displayed
0x06 (0b00000110) - FEL Mode, Boot menu displayed
Is this correct?
yes
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.

Offline Sleo

• Contributor
« Reply #2401 on: September 17, 2024, 12:30:17 pm »
v1.1.2
Added "Boot Mode" page to configure which firmware should be loaded and whether the boot menu should be available. As usual, the values ​​can be edited by double-clicking on the text label.

The following users thanked this post: Atlan, Russell2024UK

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2402 on: September 17, 2024, 02:29:01 pm »
I thought there would be a check-in shelf for the boot menu. But that doesn't really matter.
I would just be in favor of adding a button to save or write to device the given setting. This way, if someone accidentally clicks it on a test, it is immediately saved on the card and can be a problem.
Option without boot menu and FEL mode - display red warning. ONLY for experienced users. With access to linux.

FIRMWARE:
Question for users, Now the FNIRSI firmware is blocked, ie the BOOT menu selection is always active. Should I cancel it?
(if I cancel it and you activate it (it is not possible to change the settings in the original firmware and do not start the alternative), you have to connect to the PC, turn on the loader program and overwrite the settings)

I have to activate blocking in FEL mode, when you activate it without the boot menu, the only option is to start linux and run the program that uploads the firmware there.

(everything can still be fixed by formatting the card or opening the card in the HxD program and rewriting the 31-byte sector 710 to 0)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 03:52:50 pm by Atlan »
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2403 on: September 17, 2024, 06:00:45 pm »
Hi Atlan Regarding the bootloader and the firmwares, My friend is enjoying using my 1013D ( Firmware V0.025h) with the time and date stamp feature RTC DS3231 Clock module I soldered within my FNIRSI 1013D. My friend finds (saving pics SAVE PIC ) and (waveforms  SAVE WAVE ) with timestamps very very helpful.  :)      However he likes the original firmware and says it performs better ( Looking) with higher MHz signals. He would like a trade-off between the smoother signal rendering at higher frequencies and the enhanced features like time stamping with an Original Firmware. Like i said before if possible keep what you have just add another firmware original with RTC DS3231 Clock module. So keeping all the ongoing loaders you have & enhancements. We Fully understand This method is more complex because it involves deep-level bootloader modifications. Thanks again :-+
The loader was created for at least 2 reasons.
1. To be able to use the original firmware if necessary.
2. Enables starting the oscilloscope in FEL mode. Which is very effective for me and the PC programmer.
It replaced the first written program which consisted of 2 parts and also contained a picture.
I had the same idea and the PC realized it on 1014D and add FEL mode, all I had to do was rewrite it on 1013D and make it more beautiful. :D

Otherwise, the bootloader does what it did before, it only gives the option of choosing. The required place for the program to sacrifice an image. It does not allow to add RTC to FNIRSI firmware. PC already answered that.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2024, 06:03:15 pm by Atlan »

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2404 on: September 17, 2024, 08:29:18 pm »
v0.025m change dc shift, new bootmenu, add set boot menu on diagnostic menu, ready for LOADER 1.1.2.
BETA verzia
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 05:59:13 am by Atlan »

The following users thanked this post: Felipe Lacerda

Offline Felipe Lacerda

• Contributor
« Reply #2405 on: September 17, 2024, 11:44:46 pm »
v0.025m change dc shift, new bootmenu, add set boot menu on diagnostic menu, ready for LOADER 1.1.2.
BETA verzia

OW! Pixel perfect align center cursor!   :scared:  :clap:

*BUG
DC shift calibration button is always enabled.

Suggestion
Increase the range of parameter (Vmin), default value is 385 and maximum 400... 430 max may be enough.

The following users thanked this post: Russell2024UK

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2406 on: September 18, 2024, 06:00:00 am »
fix and changed

The following users thanked this post: Felipe Lacerda, Stem-Death, Russell2024UK

Offline Sleo

• Contributor
« Reply #2407 on: September 18, 2024, 11:04:26 am »
I would just be in favor of adding a button to save or write to device the given setting. This way, if someone accidentally clicks it on a test, it is immediately saved on the card and can be a problem.
Option without boot menu and FEL mode - display red warning. ONLY for experienced users. With access to linux.
Okay, I'll do that in the next release.

(everything can still be fixed by formatting the card or opening the card in the HxD program and rewriting the 31-byte sector 710 to 0)
It cannot be fixed by Windows format procedure. Format do not rewrite hidden sectors, both quick and full format.
The loader itself can fix everything if it has access to the card (e.g. via a card reader). Moreover, you can write any value to byte 31 of sector 710. Double-click on the "Value" label, then enter the required value.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 11:09:36 am by Sleo »

The following users thanked this post: Stem-Death, Russell2024UK

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2408 on: September 18, 2024, 11:54:11 am »
Hi Atlan - Thank you for a concise reply  :-+    The loader was created for at least 2 reasons. 1. To be able to use the original firmware if necessary.2. Enables starting the oscilloscope in FEL mode. Which is very effective for me and the PC programmer. It replaced the first written program which consisted of 2 parts and also contained a picture.I had the same idea and the PC realized it on 1014D and add FEL mode, all I had to do was rewrite it on 1013D and make it more beautiful. :D Otherwise, the bootloader does what it did before, it only gives the option of choosing. The required place for the program to sacrifice an image. It does not allow to add RTC to FNIRSI firmware. PC already answered that. ... Atlan Thats fine we just needed to ask the question i will buy my friend an RTC unit ready to solder within his 1013D for him to use with your firmware.  :)

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2409 on: September 18, 2024, 12:12:01 pm »
Hi Atlan Personally I will never use Linux - Could we keep the option to load your PECO Firmware & Fnirsi Firmware please ?  :) .. I have loaded your firmware V0.025m (not checked 18th sept as yet).. The new bootloader software V1.1.2 from Sleo works well what i have checked..... The Boot fw 0.04 suits my option perfectly. Thank you all again for super upgrades  :-+
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 12:26:19 pm by Russell2024UK »

Offline Felipe Lacerda

• Contributor
« Reply #2410 on: September 18, 2024, 05:09:26 pm »
fix and changed

Confirmed, bug fixed and increased range of (Vmin) parameter.  :-+

But... the minimum cursor adjustment value returned to 100... that's not enough.

Suggestion
Increase the range of the cursor position parameter, in the previous version it was 10-200 and it was perfect!  :D

Thanks a lot!

best regards

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2411 on: September 18, 2024, 05:23:58 pm »
Using Firmware V0.025m - The DC shift needs attention using 1 Volt per division others seem fine so far .. When Plus voltage gets to 3 + Volts looses it ( Flickers & looses sync even with 50% Trigger )  & -3 Volts too  :-//. Thanks again for your hard work  :D... Other volts per division seem fine ..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 05:25:58 pm by Russell2024UK »

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2412 on: September 18, 2024, 05:34:36 pm »
Like Felipe Lacerda Says  :-+ ... the minimum cursor adjustment value returned to 100... that's not enough. His Suggestion Increase the range of the cursor position parameter, in the previous version it was 10-200 and it was perfect!  :D  I Have the same issue    :)

The following users thanked this post: Felipe Lacerda

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2413 on: September 19, 2024, 07:38:24 am »
Without a photo of the diagnostic screen....... it doesn't matter.

Give this photo is very important!!! above all, it must be up-to-date, if something doesn't work for you, take a photo or a better video if necessary, and then an up-to-date photo of the diagnostic screen. Without it, it has no meaning for me.

THANK YOU

And in my opinion, you have the wrong position of the signal. Bad value of DC shift - that's why you claim that 100 is not enough for you. The basic value is around 170.
I just have to guess, because you didn't provide the necessary data. It costs me unnecessary time to try something.

Without data, it is difficult for me to find out where the problem is.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 07:53:31 am by Atlan »

Offline csuhi17

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2414 on: September 19, 2024, 08:00:37 am »
Using Firmware V0.025m - The DC shift needs attention using 1 Volt per division others seem fine so far .. When Plus voltage gets to 3 + Volts looses it ( Flickers & looses sync even with 50% Trigger )  & -3 Volts too  :-//. Thanks again for your hard work  :D... Other volts per division seem fine ..

Isn't one of your problems caused by the top of the wave being outside the display?
With your setting, the 0 point of the channel is on the center line.
+- 4V fits into the display, but you are looking at 1Vmin and 5Vmax signals.
And in the other picture -1Vmax and -5Vmin.
As far as I know, it can only measure the signal on the display, not above and below it.

I may have misunderstood your concern.
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2415 on: September 19, 2024, 08:35:46 am »
Atlan I certainly do not want to waste your time sorry  :).. Find a picture of my dialog screen .. The issue i have  with DC level plus + 3 volts & - 3 Volts offer a poor sync if you try it i'm sure you will see .. If you use the original Fnirsi it works fine on 1V/div .. For some reason my videos via Chromebook & windows wont work into eevblog.. I could send a YouTube link if required.. Thanks again  :-+

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2416 on: September 19, 2024, 09:08:24 am »
The given diagnostic screen shows that no dc offset is used.  Connect the measured signal 4v and +3V offset, press autoset.  A signal will appear on the screen.  That's all.  Then take a screenshot and then the diagnostic menu. 

Also, take a picture of the screen with a 3V signal with a 0V offset after pressing autoset.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 09:11:29 am by Atlan »

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2417 on: September 19, 2024, 10:52:05 am »
Hi Atlan .. Auto Set seems to work . Thanks for prompt reply & super work .. my feedback is not to criticise its to enhance the overall features.. Thank you 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 11:10:25 am by Russell2024UK »

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2418 on: September 19, 2024, 11:01:07 am »
Ani jeden z obrazkov nieje signal s 0V offsetom

The following users thanked this post: facekim

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2419 on: September 19, 2024, 11:11:06 am »
Hi Atlan .. My Fault Auto Set seems to work . Thanks for prompt reply & super work .. my feedback is not to criticise its to enhance the overall features.. Thank you again

The following users thanked this post: facekim

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2420 on: September 19, 2024, 05:02:06 pm »

1. Setting the signal position.  ALWAYS align to the cursor of channel 1 or 2 (this is because the position of the signal is set only in the second step)
2. Zero signal setting. 
3. Setting Vmin to 0mV

ALWAYS align to the cursor of channel 1 or 2 (in the video I aligned it to the signal, but that was a mistake.) It will then be reflected anyway and you will have to adjust 1 parameter again.

(For those who don't have a generator with dc offset, get some signal generator or make one or use a uP to generate. separate the output with a capacitor, you can apply voltage to the output separated in this way through a resistor and create a voltage divider on which you set the exact offset, for example 1.0V, then set the signal so that it is shifted by 1V, for example, the mark of channel 1 is yellow, there will be a cover with a grid where 1V is)

Yes, reports are a good thing.  But if you give me something incomplete, I can't simulate it on my oscilloscope.  Moreover, on the basis of the data, I can tell you right away whether you are making a mistake somewhere, or I will immediately reveal that I have forgotten something.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 05:30:17 pm by Atlan »

The following users thanked this post: facekim, Russell2024UK

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2421 on: September 20, 2024, 09:27:46 am »
Hi Atlan WOW thanks for the new Video  :-+ FNIRSI 1013D dc shift calibration vol 2 for v0. 025m its great and makes perfect sense .. After i have carried out this calibration on my Fnirsi 1013D Oscilloscope i have noticed now i have the auto set horizontal line is a few millimetres out from centre grid line .IE :  (the trace or baseline) isn't centred as it should be when using the auto set feature.could you advise the best way to correct this please ? Thanks again for your hard work with this super project  :) Find a few pictures that may help explain my issue.

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2422 on: September 20, 2024, 10:36:21 am »
The design of the entrance is terrible.

The line should be aligned with the cursor of channel 1 yellow or 2 blue. (putting a photo of the trigger cursor here is pointless - yes, I know there is a small inaccuracy, maybe I'll fix it one day)

To align the channel lines:
A basic calibration must be performed through the menu. (you can do this whenever you want, nothing is required.) You should do this every time you see a deviation of the line from the channel cursor. (you should ALWAYS do this calibration before calibrating the input dividers and calibrating the DC offset)

The center line (channel lines) is shifted by heating the oscilloscope and discharging the battery. Therefore, there is a possibility of basic calibration.

In the DC mode, it is more complicated with the centering of the channel lines.
(however, you didn't put the photo I asked for - 3V signal with 0V offset + photo of diagnostic screen)
If any DC offset is present, it will be recalculated to shift the line from the channel cursor. For example, my cheap Chinese generator does not have a 0V offset on the output when set to 0V offset !!!!

If you try basic calibration (disconnect cables, probes from inputs), the lines should align. In AC mode for sure.

In the photo I see DC offset=6, this can cause a shift, the output of your generator may not give 0V offset, try to connect the signal to the oscilloscope through a 100n capacitor, and press autosetup again, if the lines align.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2024, 10:39:10 am by Atlan »

Offline Russell2024UK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2423 on: September 20, 2024, 11:17:34 am »
Like you say basic calibration (disconnect cables, probes from inputs), the lines should align. In AC mode for sure. Works well great in AC and helps with DC too  :-+ .. I was only showing very small inaccuracies with my Pictures which is fine.. Just wondered if it was a simple user error fix .. I will carry out the calibration again with basic calibration (disconnect cables, probes from inputs) then will carry out your Voltage calibration as per video ( FNIRSI 1013D calibration procedure)

What is your preferred Full calibration process would you say this order ? ie 1: basic calibration (disconnect cables, probes from inputs), Then 2: Carry out yesterday's video dc shift calibration vol 2 for v0. 025m then 3: your video ( FNIRSI 1013D calibration procedure ) Voltage input etc .. Thank you again for your very detailed help ..

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2424 on: September 20, 2024, 01:55:46 pm »
1. Charge the oscilloscope
2. Turn it on for at least 5 minutes to warm up.
3. Start basic calibration
4. Calibrate the input dividers
5. Calibrate the dc offset (to the channel cursor, to the zero signal and to the zero measured value)
6. Make a backup of this data using the Loader program.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf