Author Topic: Old Bob Pease Video, Year?  (Read 213 times)

porter and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SeoulBigChrisTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • "Unencumbered by the thought process"
Old Bob Pease Video, Year?
« on: Yesterday at 10:22:08 am »
I stumbled onto this old Bob Pease video where he is the host of a National Semiconductor show. There are many of these on YouTube. I was very aware of Bob Pease from the journals, but somehow his YT presence escaped me back in the day. Anyway, what year were these made, roughly speaking?

This particular video they introduce a Tektronix AFG 3252 arbitrary function generator. The engineer from Tektronix is boasting about all the new whiz-bang features, things that we almost take for granted these days. I especially like the floppy disk drive mounted in the oscilloscope in the video (maybe TDS 684A? the resolution is low, hard to make out exactly). Maybe from the mid 2000s?

The special IC the engineer mentions, the Generator on a Chip (GOC), did it have a long run, or was it quickly replaced by better and faster ones?

https://youtu.be/ap3TlKM-5o4

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: Old Bob Pease Video, Year?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:29:39 pm »
At 4:55 they mention two new products (LMH6702 and LMH6559) which came out around 2003 (based on early datasheets), but the printout they show at 6:25 says May 2005, so that should be close.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf