Author Topic: Fluke ir3000FC  (Read 800 times)

Offline BeBuLamarTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Fluke ir3000FC
« on: October 13, 2021, 12:00:52 am »
I tried several of them and one works but when the Fluke rep tried to update the firmware it's dead too. So anyone anyone has one that works? I called Fluke and have no definite answer

Offline chard98

Re: Fluke ir3000FC
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 01:43:05 pm »
I have a Fluke ir3000fc, and it works. I did have one that the software went wacky. What is your question?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 03:38:52 pm »
I bought 2 of them a couple years ago. One of them worked and the other didn't. It simply doesn't connect. I have the vendor exchanged the bad one twice and none works. So the vendor (Grainger) have a Fluke representative came and see me. The rep take my working one and upgrade the firmware and after that it doesn't work any more. That's it. We have none that works. I had to return all of them. One thing I noticed is that the one that did work has the lowest serial number. So I want to buy some but I am afraid that none will work. I called Fluke and asked and they said all of them work but obviously at least 4 of them I got didn't work.

Offline chard98

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 07:25:03 pm »
I read somewhere that they were having some firmware issues. And both mine came from Grainger as well. Could be a bad lot. I would keep trying with Fluke direct. 

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 07:31:15 pm »
What meters are you using with them and have you confirmed that they all work well with the USB/IR cable?
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 01:20:14 am »
I tried 189, three 287's and two 289's. All worked with IR USB cable and Fluke View Form software.

Offline J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 04:00:00 am »
The ir3000FC is really a terrible product.  I sent mine back after a couple weeks of constantly discovering major flaws.  If I remember correctly, you can't pair it to your computer and use it as a serial port like the USB version, so you can't run any software with it.  With the Android/iOS apps you can't download or access previously logged data and the apps have a pretty long list of other major issues.

Keysight runs circles around Fluke in this area in my opinion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf