Author Topic: Anyone notice the Bob Parker/Dick Smith/Blue ESR meter is now being cloned?  (Read 3525 times)

Offline jayjr1105Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
I've messaged him and apparently it's a PIC16F627A replacing the now obsolete Zilog chip.  As someone who owns and loves the Blue ESR kit, I'd love to see the internals of this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133690692481

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
"10k uF"? If only we had some system of units that allowed us easily express values like this.
Alex

The following users thanked this post: JohanH, tv84, SilverSolder, I wanted a rude username

Offline jayjr1105Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Update, he actually sent me a pic of it.

Offline PushUp

• Regular Contributor
As it is nearly impossible to get an "original" Bob Parker from USA, when living in the EU, I bought an ESR-Meter from a very nice and helpful guy from Portugal some years ago, having best prices and services, thus I can fully recommend him! You also get any info on his webpage!

https://evbesrmeter.pt/index.htm

Now, you can also get a new "Bob Parker" made by EVB with all the improvements:

Quote:
After many complications and delays, mostly caused by almost two years of the Covid-19 pandemic, here we managed to arrive and launch these two new test device concepts, developed from scratch by Bob Parker in Australia and marketed by EVB meters in Portugal. They are an evolution, very demarcated, from all previous versions where many improvements have been introduced, from the power supply, microprocessing and testing process, all this effort goes towards offering repair technicians an even more evolved and precise tool from previous versions and with a improved performance at all levels, all at a very attractive price.

These were the ones I bought, which still work without an issue and are still available in different colours and models, probabaly a bit cheaper than the blue one:

Cheers!  :)

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
I own the original Bob Parker designed Electronics Australia MK I and Dick Smith/Silcon Chip MKII plus have the Altronics MKII and the Jay_Diddy_B designed ESR Meter Adapter. The old kits and the Bobs LOPT/FBT Tester took years to find at a reasonable price and condition.

The EVB ones are really nice. Unless Bob Parker gets a cut avoid those Chinese gray ones.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 12:18:40 pm by Shock »
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf