Author Topic: Help me choosing new Oscilloscope  (Read 12374 times)

Offline Performa01

• Super Contributor
Re: Help me choosing new Oscilloscope
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2023, 10:10:07 am »
Thanks for all those interesting links. I will try to keep up with this information and try not to look like a complete noob next time.  ::)
Time to get my new scope soon and get hands on experience. Obviously this all can be done "right", but sometimes people just do not care about the wave looking "jaggy" on the DSO screen.
I forgot to provide you with the most relevant link though:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/sds2000x-plus-bandwidth-aliasing-application-note/

This is a detailed discussion about bandwidth and sample rate - and how they both impact signal representation and -fidelity, based on facts and practical demonstrations using appropriate gear.

I cannot resist    QUOTE:
Slow sample rates, short memories, the attempt, to overcome this
Are you talking about scopes or my current mentation? Seems quite accurate both ways..

Me too! ... we don't exactly get younger, do we?  ;) :-DD

The following users thanked this post: smallfreak, Wallace Gasiewicz

Offline smallfreak

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2023, 03:51:51 pm »
I forgot to provide you with the most relevant link though:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/sds2000x-plus-bandwidth-aliasing-application-note/

This is a detailed discussion about bandwidth and sample rate - and how they both impact signal representation and -fidelity, based on facts and practical demonstrations using appropriate gear.

Ah, really! It took a while to find the hidden gem (attachment) that is part of your entry post. Very interesting indeed. I saved it in my library.

I could have saved a lot of time reading, if I had found this earlier. All questions answered.  :-+

Thanks again - fellow countryman.  :D

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Offline smallfreak

• Contributor
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2023, 02:46:04 pm »
SDS2104X-Plus including "Promo Pack" Finally ordered. Hope it will arrive soon.

If anyone is curious, "Batter Fly" (Italy) still has a few Siglent Promo Kits available "while supply lasts".
https://www.batterfly.com/shop/de/siglent-sds2104x-plus

I think, this is still by far the best deal to get the SDS2104X-Plus together with the SPL2016 Probe here, especially if you know that the price billed for the scope is not the shown 1199€ (+VAT) but still the promo price of 959,00€ (+ VAT) as listed on their "Promotions" page. That makes the entire bundle 50 bucks cheaper than the bare scope without any options (compared to siglent.eu or Amazon) so you get the SPL2016 essentially for free.

Ah, no, I'm not getting bonus for this advertizing. I'm just happy to save the insurance company some 500€  :palm:

The following users thanked this post: tautech, Martin72, vpjustme

Offline vpjustme

« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2023, 04:11:21 pm »
Thank you verz much. I have just ordered this with the free promotion (free bandwith upgrade).

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2023, 12:44:39 am »
SDS2104X-Plus including "Promo Pack" Finally ordered. Hope it will arrive soon.

Congrats to the currently best scope(in summary) in this price segment.
Serious meant.
I had it for two years until the HD was launched, at work we have six of them everyday in "pro" use.

"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf