Author Topic: Fluke 289 no live trend ?  (Read 806 times)

Offline tonycstechTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Fluke 289 no live trend ?
« on: September 28, 2024, 01:05:34 am »
I was under the impression Fluke 289 has live view of a trend/graph but i cant seem to find it anywhere in the menus or buttons.
Am i missing something ?
Or it can only do recording and then analysis ?
If thats true, is there another meter that is not bugger than this that has live view of either voltage or resistance etc that will obviously cost half of that anyway ?

Offline smaultre

• Regular Contributor
Re: Fluke 289 no live trend ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2024, 01:20:22 am »
You can use handled oscilloscope/or Fluke199 with recorder feature.
Start a new life here!!!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2024, 02:45:21 am »
I could hire an illegal immigrant for less to sit there and record voltages in real time drawing  a graph at same time.
Would be cheaper than buying $2K device to do just one thing.

Offline J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2024, 03:44:06 am »
Too many DMMs to count with Bluetooth, IR/USB/serial and either live graphing on the DMM itself or to an app on your phone/tablet/computer.

Offline graybeard

• Frequent Contributor
  • Consulting III-V RF/mixed signal/device engineer
    • Chris Grossman
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2024, 03:50:14 am »
I have a 189II=287 that has that mode.   It worked well once I set it up.   I had the RTFM to find it.

Offline bdunham7

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2024, 03:53:23 am »
I was under the impression Fluke 289 has live view of a trend/graph but i cant seem to find it anywhere in the menus or buttons.

It doesn't have that sort of feature, it is only record and "playback" with the on-screen functionality pretty limited.  Somehow some people think it works like a low-BW oscilloscope and it doesn't.  You can use the IR3000FC adapter and a suitable phone to both view the values remote them and graph them.  Or you can use the IR189USB cable and a suitable PC with TestController software.  I have all of these and the last one is best for most electronics stuff while the remote method is handy at times for industrial or home electrical work.
A 3.5 digit 4.5 digit 5 digit 5.5 digit 6.5 digit 7.5 digit DMM is good enough for most people.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2024, 03:55:51 am »
I was thinking about Fluke 867B but Fluke 867B is garbage.
It does have what i need but it has so many issues with the rotating switch, its incredible it was sold to public without proper testing.
It would be OK if they had the turn switch parts for sale but they dont, making that meter obsolete trash.
And it takes too much space for what it does. It could be half its size if they wanted to make it compact.

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2024, 10:19:31 am »
Get a meter with Fluke Connect. The Fluke Connect apps does do a live view trend. I do it with the 189 and 289 and the IR3000FC module.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf