Author Topic: FLUKE 2030A little printer problem  (Read 712 times)

Offline Martin.MTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • in Tek we trust
    • vintage Tek collection
FLUKE 2030A little printer problem
« on: September 21, 2019, 05:48:43 am »
hello friends,

any one of you own a 2030A little printer what is used for thermometer 2190A and so on?
I think there is a repair to do, and I have no service manual.

problem description.
--------------------------------

The little printer do nothing except when pressing the paperfeed button it forward the paper from the roll.
Question: Is that allready , is there anything to setup or is there anything to repair?

This situation is typical for a printer what have a defect paper sensor. The paperfeed button is to use for insert the paper in the printer slug when there is a fresh roll comming in, so this have to work also when no paper is in the printer = allready. But that little beast do not print anything, also in programming mode. Pressing Time + f have to answer as printed text the time stamp for setup, there comes nothing also. I have not seen any kind of paper sensor, only a little 10k ohms NTC is there, it may be used as overheat protection in the case, it is not in contact to the sheet.
The only motor there is a stepper. It is OK bec. paperfeed works.
The controller is a 8048 , it is OK bec. it runs also the paperfeed.

This little printers do not use HPIB, there is a fluke specific port what is not directly compatible to the thermometer. But there is another device, the thermocouple scanner 2300A what can drive the printer, and of coarse reading the thermometer. So I made this Setup:

2190A Thermometer (option 6, limits, no other)  -> 2300A Thermocouple Scanner -> 2030A printer.

The Thermometer is perfect working.
The scanner is also working.
The printer do nothing.
The paper is fresh buyed and checked to be thermopaper, OK.

I need that working  :)

btw. this is a restoration, I am not interested to buy another system  8)

How to continue?

thank you.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 05:59:56 am by Martin.M »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf